• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what do you say when ...........

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
youre on a period.

i work in a secondary school and the classic one so far, is when a mum phoned to say that her daughter had started her "lady things".

We were laughing in my office.

My colleague said rather loudly down the phone, "her period", it was priceless.

I say I'm 'on'. Always reminds me of playing chase or 'had' at school though and being 'on' or 'it'.

I say "it's that time of the month"

OH insists on telling people that I have the decorators in! Charming. :roll:

I say I'm having my dark time :twisted:

I say ' :cheer: :cheer: not pregnant :) ' Just kidding - my friend used to call it her monthly visitor :)

I hate periods. They are crap :x

and why couldn't you do PE at school when you were on? Because of the group showers? why didn't they have bloody seperate cubicles then the pervs?!

:roll:

I say its womens week :)

I used to get really upset at school because i used to have really bad period pains and it'd make me throw up or pass out and i was always upset to tell people why i was ill :( :lol:

jenna said:

I used to get really upset at school because i used to have really bad period pains and it'd make me throw up or pass out and i was always upset to tell people why i was ill :( :lol:

Me too!!!! I had them so bad until I found feminax 8) The doctor put me on Ponstan but they were crap.

lou said:
I hate periods. They are crap :x

and why couldn't you do PE at school when you were on? Because of the group showers? why didn't they have bloody seperate cubicles then the pervs?!

:roll:

You were lucky then Lou.. my mum was a nurse and said the whole "not being able to do PE/Swim/bath etc while having a period" was all bollocks and it was far better to get up and moving while having a period because it caused the pains to ease... :roll: I had to do PE. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I say I'm on... I did say I'm on the blob once to DH but he looked at me like I'd sprouted another head... he doesn't quite understand English expressions :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
You were lucky then Lou.. my mum was a nurse and said the whole "not being able to do PE/Swim/bath etc while having a period" was all b***ocks and it was far better to get up and moving while having a period because it caused the pains to ease... :roll: I had to do PE.

Same with my PE teacher. At my school you had to do PE, period or not!

I had a constant period when it came to skipping PE :wink:

lou said:

So did I :D
My mums 'notes' that she wrote for me backed it up too :rotfl:

lou said:
jenna said:

Me too!!!! I had them so bad until I found feminax 8) The doctor put me on Ponstan but they were crap.

feminax never worked very well for me - well a tiny bit but I still used to throw up.

Ever since having kids though they've improved at least 80%! I should have had kids at 11, then I'd have never had period pain :lol:

I always say 'I've got my stuff' when I've got my period.

Emma58 said:
lou said:

So did I :D
My mums 'notes' that she wrote for me backed it up too :rotfl:

hehehe I wrote lots of PE notes :lol:

I think i'v'having ive called it various things,
'being on'
'having my period'
'ladie troubles'
'time of the month'
'hell'

hell used to be the term me and my mates used. lol.

i just say, im on.x
we had to do pe too, we had big navy blue knickers so it was ok.x..lol

since i had Joshua i have suffered with headaches just before, they usually last for two days and are awful, but i have to just get on with as i cant have two days off from work every month.

any advice on pain relief.

lou said:
jenna said:

me too but i was 9yrs when i started mine and all the other girls had only just found out sbout them or some didnt even know so i didnt feel like i could explain to anyone :cry: it was horrible until they all caught up. i must admit tho i hated swimming and in high school i only ever did swimming about 4-5 times and i used to always use the period excuse lol they must have thought i had a seriously strange cycle!! :rotfl: I just say im on or time of the month.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back