What do you do with your 4 month old?

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
I'm worried my baby isn't entertained enough. What kind of things do you do with your lo? X

Ollie is just over 14 weeks now and he loves to be sung to. He can hold his head up now so I sit him facing me on my lap, hold his arms and gently rock him backwards and forwards whilst singing "row your boat". That always puts a smile on his face.

Alot of the time he's happy to lay on his mat with his toys hanging down above him, he talks to them and is starting to reach out for them.

If I have to do chores like washing up or hanging the washing out I sit him in his bouncy chair in the room with me and talk to him while I do it. Alot of babies this age I think just like to be around you, hear you chatting and just watch what's going on.

Other than that he's sleeping or bouncing up and down on my knees, he loves to stand up x

My Lo is a bit younger, but he loves the same things as mimimouse's Lo! I fine that my Lo is really happy just to listen to music while in his bouncer while I'm doing the house work, thought if could could have something to so with me singing along...quite badly I might add! Does your Lo like to be read stories? Flynn loves them, we've been reading the beatrix potter collections and oh just got the dvd collection of the stories for when he's a bit older!

My LO also loves being sung to. I read her stories, let her kick away in her bouncer and lay under her play gym. She also loves to see her reflection in the mirror so I use this, along with my fit ball, as a tool to strengthen her neck - it's a great tummy time exercise.

As for entertainment outside of the house, I take Annie to Baby Rhyme at our local library, Playgroup and Baby Swim once a week. Baby Swim is just 20 mins in the water singing songs and moving the babies in such a way to strengthen core muscles etc. We then dress them, feed them and put them in their prams by the side of the pool with the 'babysitter' while the Mums get back in the water for an aerobic session. I'm currently looking for other classes such as a Baby Massage class or Mums and Bubs' Pilates as further entertainment for her.

I bet you do a lot more than you realise when you think about it, so don't worry! :)

Thanks ladies, that sounds like what I do, I just worry that he gets bored! He isn't content to sit in a
Chair and watch me cook anymore, he likes to look st
His toys. It's funny because at the end of
Most days i'm knackered from
Talking to
Him all day! I'm so obsessed with making sure his language development is good I literally talk to him all day!!!

I'm so obsessed with making sure his language development is good I literally talk to him all day!!!

This is definitely the most important thing! People don't realise how important it is to talk to their babies and to read to them! Plus, babies are generally happy/entertained as long as they have company! You sound like you're doing enough to me! :)

I guess it's quite hard at this age as they can't really play with themselves as they can't sit up yet...

Hey, we play a 'got your feet game' and then a 'got your hands' game and baby loves it, she does like the TV, though I limit her watching time as she shouldn't really watch it. I also take her out in the car a lot, she loves driving. She likes talking and being talked to, she makes great eye contact and smiles tons. I am able to raise her in the air now and swing her (gently of course). She is still sleeping a lot and is four months in about a weeks time... I have signed up to baby yoga classes, music and bumps and we go to massage classes; I also attend a baby play group on a Wednesday afternoon... if your worried there must be something locally hun.. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back