what do u call LO?

trixipaws

Reaction score
i think its really cute when ladies give their LOs names before theyre born or got their real name, and different names for different pregnancies :)

i cant do it tho! this LO is just called "the baby", which is also what millie was called THE WHOLE TIME i was pregnant, even after we'd (finally) chosen her name! :lol: actually, i even called her it AFTER she was born :lol: i remember asking one of the MWs just minutes after i'd pushed millie out "is the baby ok?"!!! :lol:

but yeah we decided her name when i was about 36 weeks, but even for the last 4 weeks when we spoke of her she was "the baby"!

conversely, i'v chatted to mums on here who STILL use their bump-nicknames when referring to their children who are like a year old or something! and its SO cuteeeeee!

seeing as i'm boring and dont do it can y'all please share yours with me? :D

Ok, this one's a bit of a break from the whole "bean" thing - mine's got saddled with "the cashew". My sister's BF asked how big it was some time over xmas and I said about the size (and probably shape for that matter) of a cashew nut. My sis promptly latched on to this one and it seems to have stuck - would have preferred peanut myself, but hey ho!

Oh dear, my husband has started calling ours Leech because it is draining all my energy. Unfortunately it has kind of stuck but it's not very cute!

Nope, I definitely can't see any way you can make leech cute. Maybe you could mumble and turn it into peach?!

LO is called Fernando by me, but OH refuses to call him Fernando due to the Liverpool fc links. So he says "she's called Fern, my little girl" Bless him.
The reasoning is with previous pregnancies I've always sang David Bowie's "Kooks" to my babies. And this time something was just different from the start and before I got my BFP Abba's "Fernando" was in my head.
And when I get weird tummy pains and get scared the line "Though we never thought that we could loose, theres no regret. If I had to do the same again, I would my friend, Fernando"
So its stuck, but to G "she's" Fern lol.
xx

mine were all 'bubs' while i was pregnant :lol:

I call mine buddabean or buddabump online but at home we just call it 'the baby' I guess

I like bean or peanut but we have a cat called peanut :lol:

Ours is Twinkle

The names do stick btw because my parents called me Trumble when I was a bump and still do from time to time - my Dad also calls me Twinkle.....hmmmm this could get complicated......

Think Twinkle will stick if the baby is a girl but may not be so appropriate if it's a boy!!!!

I chose to call this baby thumper after the scan because of all the kicking but I can't stick to it...it's just baby still lol.

Ours is flipper, because at the dating scan, he was kicking his legs about like he was trying to swim :D

It'll be hard getting used to a 'real' name once he/she is born!

I call it a mixture of the names that we have choosen, sometimes Octavia, sometimes Alexander. Other times (especially when writing notes to my husband) I write a combination of the name Octaxander for example. :D Other times just 'baby' :D

Our is Ralph......

Theres a tradition for calling your bump a really terrible name during pregnancy, for example my mum called me Horace!!!!

So I stuck with tradition and we've picked Ralph- for now :lol:

PS apologies to anyone whose DH/OH/DS/Dad is called Ralph I don't mean to offend :hug:

I'm tempted to call mine Armondo/Alouicious or something similarly horrific but I'm not sure oh would approve :lol:

buddabun said:
I'm tempted to call mine Armondo/Alouicious or something similarly horrific but I'm not sure oh would approve :lol:

My DH actually thought I was being serious when I said I want to call him Ralph :lol:
He actually considered it for a minute for when baby is born :doh:

Its kind of stuck now so I guess poor bump is Ralph for the forseeable future xxx

PMSL I'd be considering divorce at that point if he thought you were serious :lol:

I may start suggesting names like Chardonnay and Paris, see what he says

Lydia was Cuthbert in-utero. Now we just called her Guinea Pig lol

Alex started out as being called something or other but I can't remember what it was now. It didn't stick. By the time I was in my second trimester he was just "the baby"

this one is just "the baby" too. I don't think s/he will end up with an in-utero nickname to be honest.

Sorry for hijacking 1st Tri!

Connie was Maurice for the first 20 weeks of pregnancy due to being conceived in Mauritius and it was SO HARD to lose that nickname! After that she became Connie, then Conniefold and then Connieflod and by 40 weeks just "Flod". That's stuck.

So be careful what you call your bumps :rotfl:

emmalouise079 said:
Our is Ralph......

Theres a tradition for calling your bump a really terrible name during pregnancy, for example my mum called me Horace!!!!

So I stuck with tradition and we've picked Ralph- for now :lol:

PS apologies to anyone whose DH/OH/DS/Dad is called Ralph I don't mean to offend :hug:

OMG lol i have a girl friend whom called her bump herman coz it pissed her mum off :lol:

her son's middle name is now herman! for real!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back