What date do you use?

lilcurly

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

So, I went for my first midwife appointment today and she has said my EDD is 20/10 this is based on my LMP. I have been going off my early scans which measure me at 9+1 which gives me an EDD of 26/10. If I go off my LMP I'm 10 weeks. So, which do you ladies go for? On my apps I have it set to my current measurement at 9+1 or should I be going for the 10 week mark? She booked my dating scan in for the 12th April when I'll be 11+6 or if we go off my LMP I'll be 12+5. So confused! Xxxx

Initially you go by your LMP. At early scans, babies all grow at different rates. They may change your date at your 'dating scan' at 12w X

I'd go by their dates.

Whilst it's frustrating early on to be "put back" a week, in the long run it's better as it gives you an "extra" week before they start talking about induction lol.

Especially if you have twins, probably best to give them as long as possible to grow before there's talk of their eviction.

Your dating scan will date you based on the baby(ies) size(s), which ought to tie in with your previous measurements (so should be nearer 11+6 although they may alter it by a day or so).

Thanks so much ladies :) looking forward to seeing my twinnies again, just hoping they are the right size for my time and both there :) xxxx

Good luck! Hope both are growing well :) x

Ooh, I have my next midwife appointment on the 12th April too :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27