What can we claim for?

trish5566

Reaction score
My 9 months maternity leave is comming to an end,but my employer knows that i am taking the full years maternity off work.
We have decided that i'm not going to go back to work,i'm staying home to look after LO.We were given this little suprise so i want to cherrish every single moment with him! :D
OH works full time but to be honest he doesn't rearly earn enough so i need to know what we can claim for to help things out.
We have always worked from the day we left school and i wouldn't normaly be looking for benefits but i thought sod it we've earned it.
If anyone could give me some straight forward information i would be rearly grateful.

not alot i dont think , im looking too ,same as u i want to stay home , i cant go back to my job as its full time i dont earn enought o pay childcare !

i looked at mine , and all i think i can get is a poss £23 a month housing benefit! ( my rent is £800 lol ) and £80 child tax credit ! thats all they say im entitled too ?! its soooo wrong , if id never worked or if hubby didnt work they pay our rent ! ( the allowance in my area is 830 ! )

i know nothing about job seekers or anything like that tho , ive just gone by that website

That website is fairly accurate, depending on what your hubby earns you can claim housing benefit, tax credits and maybe even council tax benefit. I still didn't trust it though so rang my local council and they confirmed what HB we'd be entitled to if I didn't go back to work - it was more or less the same as the site said.

Does your OH earn quite a high salary Gem? Our LHA is around the same as yours and we should get £115 a week in HB. That's based on OH earning 20K x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back