• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What CAN I take on a plane?

Minxy

Reaction score
I'm flying to Ireland next weekend, and OH and I are saving pennies by not checking in any baggage (We're only there for the day).

So what CAN I take in my bag? I need overnight stuff, toothpaste, make-up, shampoo etc. Are there limits or is it just no go?

I'm guessing I can't take my knitting :(

:rotfl: I can just imagine what they would say about your knitting needles! I think you would be considered heavily armed!!

Nothing pointy so now knitting needles sorry. Anything upto 100mls which isnt really very much and you will need a small sandwich type bag to put it in but you can just buy one at the airport so you defo know its the right size.

nickilubs said:
Nothing pointy so now knitting needles sorry. Anything upto 100mls which isnt really very much and you will need a small sandwich type bag to put it in but you can just buy one at the airport so you defo know its the right size.

So my foundation and stuff will be OK? And travel sized shower gels?

you can't take any liquids i.e shampoo, liquid make up, water, toothpaste.. in the departure lounge you can buy bottles of water/pop but only what you can purchase in the lounge you can take on the flight, it isn't even worth trying to 'smuggle' some in your hand luggage i tried last month on my way to spain but they found my bottle of panda paps and confiscated it :oops:

Aaaah! Confooosed!!

No liquid at all? Or less than 100mls? And is the 100ml rule in total, or per item??

When I have been to Ireland its always been 100mls for each little container and you can only carry enough to fill the little plastic bag. So you can have a little plastic bag with you 100mls containers then your OH can have one too. Its a 100ml per item so if you can fit 4 100mls bottles into the little bag then they wont have a prob with it as long as theres nothing over 100mls in 1 bottle :)

Riot_Grrrl said:
you can't take any liquids i.e shampoo, liquid make up, water, toothpaste.. in the departure lounge you can buy bottles of water/pop but only what you can purchase in the lounge you can take on the flight, it isn't even worth trying to 'smuggle' some in your hand luggage i tried last month on my way to spain but they found my bottle of panda paps and confiscated it :oops:

Yes you can, as long as it is 100mls. Go to Boots or Asda and buy the small travel size bottles

nickilubs said:
When I have been to Ireland its always been 100mls for each little container and you can only carry enough to fill the little plastic bag. So you can have a little plastic bag with you 100mls containers then your OH can have one too. Its a 100ml per item so if you can fit 4 100mls bottles into the little bag then they wont have a prob with it as long as theres nothing over 100mls in 1 bottle :)

Yeah that was the same when we flew a couple of weeks ago. You have an exception if you are travelling with a baby though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back