• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How can I overcome my fear of...

Sweetcheeks24 said:
aww i'm sorry you have this fear, I can't help cos I just refuse to fly, I have even found a website that tells you how to get anywhere in the world without flying :lol: I hope you do manage to find something, have you thought of going to see your doctor?

Whats the site? I'm not scared of flying but it'd be good to know other ways to get around cos flying can be sooo expensive.

leckershell said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:
aww i'm sorry you have this fear, I can't help cos I just refuse to fly, I have even found a website that tells you how to get anywhere in the world without flying :lol: I hope you do manage to find something, have you thought of going to see your doctor?

Whats the site? I'm not scared of flying but it'd be good to know other ways to get around cos flying can be sooo expensive.

Clicky :D

ooh fab thanks :D

i'm going to look up a gig to go to in europe (not sure which band yet, i'll have to do a hunt for ones nat likes) and i'll use that to figure out how to get there :D

leckershell said:
ooh fab thanks :D

i'm going to look up a gig to go to in europe (not sure which band yet, i'll have to do a hunt for ones nat likes) and i'll use that to figure out how to get there :D

its really good for Europe esp Barcelona/Rome cos you get Eurostar across to paris and it has sleeper trains to your destination and they look fairly nice and comfortable and cheap too, also they are fairly child friendly too :cheer: it has a part on website that gives you tips on taking LO :D

lulu said:
Valium!!!

First time I flew was on honeymoon back in 1998 I think, to the caribean. I was absolutley petrifed, saw my doc and he gave me valium.

Go see your doctor. Also they may do courses at your local airport for fear of flying.

i knowit was a long time ago, but what did the valium do to you? if you can remember!

I was petrified of flying till the point of cryng and fainting on theplane..used to scare myself and whoever else was travelling with me. I used to hold on to my oHs neck and scratch it till it bleeds..this was until i had holly..i am maltese and i said if i dont do anything about this than i will never see my country again or my relatives will never see holly. so i plucked up the courage and did a fear of flying course..yes its really expensive but its worth every penny. there were alot of people very young believe it or not and at the end we went on an hour trip on a very small plane..which really scared me but it was a wonderful trip. anyways two months after that i travelled with holly ON MY OWN..holly was only six months..then i did it again..ALONE..two months after that and i did it again with joe in january. i m still not as comfy as i am on land and the only thing that i hate at the moment is turbulence but thats only hot or cold air rising from land. believe me go on this courses and it will do miracles..let me know how it goes !!!!!

roxanne080 said:
I was petrified of flying till the point of cryng and fainting on theplane..used to scare myself and whoever else was travelling with me. I used to hold on to my oHs neck and scratch it till it bleeds..this was until i had holly..i am maltese and i said if i dont do anything about this than i will never see my country again or my relatives will never see holly. so i plucked up the courage and did a fear of flying course..yes its really expensive but its worth every penny. there were alot of people very young believe it or not and at the end we went on an hour trip on a very small plane..which really scared me but it was a wonderful trip. anyways two months after that i travelled with holly ON MY OWN..holly was only six months..then i did it again..ALONE..two months after that and i did it again with joe in january. i m still not as comfy as i am on land and the only thing that i hate at the moment is turbulence but thats only hot or cold air rising from land. believe me go on this courses and it will do miracles..let me know how it goes !!!!!

Hi Roxanne, can i ask you how much the course cost?

it was two hundred something . i i did it with aviatours and i found them on the internet. i did my course at bristol airport but im sure they do it all around the UK. believe me its worth it! virgin and BA i think they do it as well

roxanne080 said:

WAOUH!

laetitia85 said:
Flying?

We are going to the Carribean in the summer, to visit my in-laws. but I hate flying. I always have panic attacks when I fly.

Does anyone have the same problem? what can i do to be reassured??

:cry:
#

i can't say im afraid of flying so much as afraid of being blown up in mid air. Id hate to be sat in an aeroplane whilst some mad Arab with tights on his head was telling us we were going to die.
Id hate to know i was going to die especially 3,000 feet in the air.

i have no advice for you other than avoid flying if you're scared. Im sure there is no short sharp cure for that sort of fear.

budge said:
laetitia85 said:
Flying?

We are going to the Carribean in the summer, to visit my in-laws. but I hate flying. I always have panic attacks when I fly.

#

i can't say im afraid of flying so much as afraid of being blown up in mid air. Id hate to be sat in an aeroplane whilst some mad Arab with tights on his head was telling us we were going to die.

i have no advice for you other than avoid flying if you're scared. Im sure there is no short sharp cure for that sort of fear.

:shock:
you made us feel a whole lot better Budge, thanks :rotfl:
how are ya?

foxymum said:
budge said:
laetitia85 said:
Flying?

#

:shock:
you made us feel a whole lot better Budge, thanks :rotfl:
how are ya?

:rotfl:

hi im fine thanks foxy - how are you?

i was talking to my friend who has a fear of flying and she said that she went to her doctor and he gave her sone medication to calm her and make her sleepy onthe flight. It worked a treat.
maybe a trip to the docs could be useful to you laitatia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back