What can i do?

hearts81

Reaction score
Please help. I'm due back at work on 2nd Jan but my partner works full time at the same place I do. He works 6-2pm and 2-10pm alternative. I did work 6-2pm but obviously I can't do that any more so I've been looking at childcare and I can only get it between 8 and 6 so I'm gonna have to do 2-6pm (6-10pm was another option). But it's gonna cost me a fortune for 20 hours a week childcare and to be honest I don't wanna leave my baby in a strangers care, I think he's too little to be away from his mum.
I can get family tax but only going on last years wage when obviously we were getting double the amount that we are now. We are entitled to less than £520 a year! Great eh?!! I've been told I can't get jobseekers allowance cos I aint gonna be looking for a job so does anyone know if there's any thing else I can do aside from leaving Reece with strangers and probably spending more than the £98 pound I'll earn at a week at work?

It sucks doesn't it :(

I never understood that about tax credits - but I think you can apply on last years wages then let them know there has been a change of circumstance and see if they give you any more.

Luckily because I haven't been working for a few months (work probs) we have gotten good at scrimping and will just about make it through on DH's wages each month - apart from tax credits we will get child allowance and that will be it.

Could you look at getting a job elsewhere to fit in with your DH's hours better?

I had thought of that but at the moment OH is working 7 days a week so the only job I could look for are between the hours of 10pm and 6am which I dont fancy at all! :(

Don't blame you hon :(

Have you asked whether because of your change in circumstance since last year you'd be entitled to anymore money?

Hi Rosie thanks for replying I've looked into it and there's nothing extra I can get so I've decided to take the extra 6 months unpaid leave and try and find a part time job that fits in with OH's hours.

Good luck with the job hunting :)

And Reece is soooooo cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back