What Bread?

SarahH

Reaction score
I am very picky with the bread I use and Brian has just laughed at me about it!!

If I dont make my own I buy the Kingsmill "I love Toast" type.

This all came about as I asked Brian to pick up a loaf to me last night and he got one of those invisable crust type - ewwwww...... the bread still feels doughy! :puke:

Are you as picky as me or am I just a freak as Brian says! :lol:

Tbh i prefer really doughy bread, makes for lovely toast, love the warbotons toasty bread yum yum :cheer:

we tend to get the 50/50 one. normaly cause its on offer :)

off topic slightly - was someone after bread reciepes the other day?

Hovis Thick White for John but I normally have wheat wraps because bread doesn't agree with me at the mo :(

we buy either french bread or italian from morrisons.
we're not big bread eaters anyway.

Errr yer not a freak...I would never say that :oops:
But i cant give ya any REAL support, coz I buy the cheapest wholegrain I can get ...it's only for toast.

I do make my own if it is something special, but I rarely have the time...

Lisa

I can't get enough of bread and sarnies at the moment. My favourites are Kingsmill farmhouse or Hovis soft white. I tried getting Asda bread once to save a few pennies and it's so crumbly it snaps when you fold it :( I hate crumbly hard breaad :wall: :lol:

Sean has best of both or a danish, paris has milk roll and I have french sticks :lol:

mmmmmmmmmmm gotta be wholegrain!!! anything with loads of seeds in it!!I'm like a little bird eating bread :lol:

TIGER LOAF! Ahhhh its lush! Just with butter :D

Normal bread I like braces. :)

Yes im fussy about bread too :wall: I get kingsmill and i hate those small plain loafs, you know the ones with the thick brown/ burnt crusts.

i buy 50/50 cos i dont like the idea of stodgy white bread but OH wont eat brown bread so I buy 50/50 for pack ups and bakery bread for like mealtimes.

I buy Kingsmill Wholemeal normally but I have just bought a Warburtons crusty loaf and it's lovely.

Usually we have the Love to Toast bread but my favourite is warburtons orange, morrisons own purple bread or we've been having the asda one I think it's about 90p and thats alright.

I hate all pre packaged sliced bread, doughy and nasty, barely good enough for toast, horrible texture and no flavour :puke:
I was brought up on proper bread and once you get used to it packaged bread is just not bread

I'll only get proper bread from a bakers or proper fresh rolls/bagettes from the supermarket if I can't get to the bakers.

only wholegrain for us.. i hate white bread.. makes me have a bad tummy.. we have the bread with the 'nuts on' charlotte says :D

I'm not very fussy, but I do have a set order I look to buy bread.

First preference is Nimble Wholemeal
Second preference is Warburtons or Hovis or Kingsmill wholemeal
Third preference is Hovis Best of Both
Fourth preference is any other wholemeal
Fifth preference is any white loaf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member