• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Benefits Do You Get Whilst Off on Maternity Leave

Louise1973

Reaction score
I'm slightly scared :( Just had a chat with HR about maternity leave etc.

Have been told that for first 6 weeks I'll get 90% pay, but any time after that is at the statutory pay of £112 per week.

This will be my only income as I'm single.... and this won't pay my mortgage let alone anything else.

What else am I entitled to and what sort of rates are these at? Is there any specific web-sits I can look at or people I can talk to for help?

Thank you.

You wont be entitled to income support as you will be classed as being in full time work whilst you are on mat leave

you could see if you are entitled to tax credits
http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/HomeNew.aspx

I would also suggest contacting your mortgage provider as they may be able to defer your mortgage payments whilst you are on maternity leave.

sorry cant be much more help

I thought you got your 90% longer than 6wks... I did and my work werent the "giving" sort of people!

The rules on SMP are very rigid and the 1st 6 weeks are at 90%, however some employers pay their own Maternity pay, my old employers used to pay full pay for the whole of the paid maternity period,

Can I get a job where you do then? :D

Thanks for the advice - I think I'm gonna head over to Citizens Advice Bureau on Fri to see what info they can give me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back