• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Are Your Greatest Achievements?

dannii87

Reaction score
Time to make it known to the world why we are soooo amazingly brilliant :cheer:

So girlies, what are your greatest achievements?

Mine are;

- Coping so well with becoming a single parent at only 6 weeks pregnant (lol).

- Passing my GCSEs which I thought I'd fail miserably.

- Putting my differences aside with my Dad and making the relationship we have now so good.

- Overcoming bullying.

- Coping as well as I have with my psoriasis.

I have a few things I'm proud of, i.e. graduating university, travelled the world etc but my greatest achievements have to be:

* Marrying my husband
* Having our son

I hate this question on job applications :lol:

Erm... :think:

- Having my children

- Overcoming everything that happened to me when I was younger

- Passing my GCSE's and then going onto College and qualifying in my chosen subject

I think that's it. What a fulfilling life I've had :oops:

Loads

Meeting and marrying sean (he's a git but I do love him for my sins :rotfl: )

Having my kids

Freeing myself from my violent ex

Passing all my exams at school with good grades, passing all the other exams too (too many to list :bored: )

Passing my driving test a loooong time ago

Getting my fabby job :cheer:

I don't consider this one an acheivement per se, I loved my job. I worked in HIV and AIDS care at a time when it made you a leper to society to even be in the same room as someone who had AIDS.

Supporting myself since I left home at 20. Living overseas for 8 years in my 20's and making a success of it without help from anyone else. I spent 5 years in the Netherlands and it was wonderful. One of the best things I ever did was leaving the UK. Coming back was one of the hardest.

Learning other languages (I despise going on holiday and expecting the locals to understand English if its not their native language)

Having a classical music education. I learnt the Double Bass, french horn, classical guitar, self taught piano, all the recorders, violin and a few others.

Living life on my terms for as long as I did. I really got to do and see so much before I settled. I could not have done it sooner.

Figwit

For me the times I felt I'd really acheived were:

Moving out of home at 16/17
Getting Married to my lovely hubby
Passing my driving test
Passing my GCSE's with good grades
Finishing my college course
Building my own remote control car with no help :rotfl:

Penstraze said:
For me the times I felt I'd really acheived were:

Moving out of home at 16/17
Getting Married to my lovely hubby
Passing my driving test
Passing my GCSE's with good grades
Finishing my college course
Building my own remote control car with no help :rotfl:

Ha Ha class :rotfl:

* Marrying the love of my life.

* Giving birth to my daughter.

* Breastfeeding.

* Setting up my own business & becoming qualified in what i'd always wanted to do.

* Overcoming depression and becoming a stronger person for it.

this...
IMGP0561copy-1-1.jpg

and this...

Tiablueeyescopy1-1.jpg

just the photos mind... :rotfl: ok I meant the girls :rotfl:

Oh and finding a wonderful husband and father to boot...:)

Willow. Nothing will ever match her. If I fail the rest of my life, I won't be able to say it was a waste of time because I have her.

Breastfeeding! 9 months, and I'm v proud of myself

GCSE's I cried when i got my results! I was pregnant practically that entire year, sat my last exam at 34 weeks and still got 3 A*, 2 A and a whole bunch of B's :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to see my upcoming AS levels as an achievement too :pray:

passing all my gcses's and a levels

getting into uni (not that i finished course, but i was happy to be offered a place)

passing driving test

buying my 1st house at 18

having my 2 gorgeous babies

starting my 2 bussinesses

recovering from depression

My children - they are amazing people and I am so proud that I am involved in their lives

The way I handled the death of my parents, I was 14 when my mum died and 19 when my dad died. I went through a lot but am still going today.

My friends, I have found an amazing group of people who have just been there for me no matter what

My house, I have made it into a home (albeit a small, chaotic and usually toy strewn one - but its mine)

My qualifications - I worked bloody hard for those

Breastfeeding - encountered every problem in the book but still managed to get to 20 months

Coping with depression and anxiety every bloody day

Meeting my lovely OH and surviving the first 9 months of our relationship which was long distance

Having Cara

Graduating university even though I was very miserable in my first year and v tempted to quit

Coping with and recovering from depression

Spending two years volunteering in St John Ambulance and contributing to my university community

Passing gcse's and a levels

Every day I can get through without crying or losing my temper is an achievement atm.

I will consider my children a personal achievement when/if they grow up undisturbed by my ridiculous behaviour.

Having a beautiful daughter
Having a wonderful OH (even if it does make me a farmers wife :rotfl: )
Passing all my GCSE's
Owning and renovating my own narrowboat at 19
Winning three gold medals in fencing :oops: :shhh:

Overcoming my social phobia and depression
Meeting and marrying my gorgeous husband
Having my beautiful baby boy whilst still battling my social phobia
Getting a job after having above problems was a huge deal to me!
Being pregnant with our baby girl.

getting myself out of a big dark lonely messy time i went through when i was 15!!!!
meeting my OH and having my gorgeous boy
building a fab relationship with my mum,i love her so so much

* having 2 beautiful children

*getting married

*passing my driving test first time

*going bk to college at 31 to train to be an hlta

* getting over pnd

* Being left as a single parent for 4 years and doing a brilliant job

* Meeting the man of my dreams and the best daddy harrison could ever wish for

* passing GCSE's, A levels and legal secretary diploma

* The main one has to be being a MUMMY

Being able to get over my crappy childhood and sticking up 2 fingers at those that hurt me and told me Id never get anywhere by...

Putting myself through Uni - lived alone, worked 30 hours a week to support myself and managed to get a 2:1

Being the top Consultant in my old firm - an international recruitment company with over 100 staff and I was number one! :cheer:

Being able to buy my own house in Wilmslow aged 26

Playing badminton for Merseyside

Being picked out of 3000 auditionees to sing a solo on Songs of Praise.... :oops:

Being a Mummy to my gorgeous, special little man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back