• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are you planning for their 1st birthday?

Strangeness

Reaction score
So yes as the title says, what are you planning? We're taking Aaron to the zoo for the day for his birthday, he loves animals so thought it would be the best thing! We've invited all the family as well so hoping they'll all turn up!

Go! :D

it was Dior first birthday last month, we took her to the sea life centre, she totaly loved it we walked through a tunnel with fish swimmin all around us, she was so scared to crawl on the glass though as she must have thought she was going to fall through :lol:

i dont want to think about it my baby is gonna stay at bab yh for ever
PLEAS GOD :pray:

Seren's is two days after christmas so we will just be having a nice big party fopr friends and family. Am inviting some of Seren's friends as well :D

What will I be doing for Rubie's 1st birthday?

Erm......christmas dinner and the queens speech??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim said:
What will I be doing for Rubie's 1st birthday?

Erm......christmas dinner and the queens speech??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol Kim, I think next time we need to plan our pregnancies better. I am looking forward to chrsitmas this year so I can have a proper one (I was in labour and very miserable last year :( )

Mason's birthday is in July so every year we have a huge BBQ with bouncy castle etc.

Poor Brody his birthday is december 8th!

Probably for his 1st we'll have a lttle group of his friends around, but in years to come it's a good time fo year to have fancy dress parties as it's always too hot in july for them to get all dressed up!

my sis always gets jealous as i can choose if i wanna be at home or on holiday for my birthday as its in august and hers is in january so cant really do things outside

Mine's is Xmas Eve and it's crap. Im 23 now and it's still the same as when I was young, everyone forgets about it, and are too busy to do anything. :(

Rebecca's is February 3rd, so least it's better.x

beanie said:
lol Kim, I think next time we need to plan our pregnancies better. I am looking forward to chrsitmas this year so I can have a proper one (I was in labour and very miserable last year :( )

I wasn't in labour (well I was for 3.5 hours) but I was dying in the recovery section of my maternity hospital sky high on drugs and in loads of pain looking at this little newborn thinking, how did you get there? and when will they let me home to open my presents and eat my christmas dinner? that's about as much as I can remember lol

We'll be taking the kids to Preston to spend their Christmas and birthday money. All 3 boys have birthdays within 3 weeks of Christmas and it's always been impossible to arrange parties for the older two. We've always taken them to spend their money between christmas and new year, so this year we'll do it on Alex's birthday.

Im the same as you Sarah, i dont want to think about it!
I can never imagine Charlotte being 1 years old! I cant believe she is 3 months already

I'm another that has an Xmas time baby - Boxing Day to be precise! Guess it will be a little party rounds ours :D

I was in labour aswell on Xmas Day, isn't it weird! :lol:

If all goes well, Oscar will be spending his first birthday in Scotland this year. He'll enjoy his first panto! :D
Emilia xx

Not a lot as she won't remember her first birthday...or her second for that matter, probably. I don't, so mine mustn't have made any impression on me.

Birthdays are not a big deal in my family or in OH's. We like them to be remembered but that's about it. So for Naomi's first birthday - which seems so far in the future now - when you think about it it's almost as long as a pregnancy away - we will have a little cake with one candle, we'll have a wee family tea and photograph her blowing the candle, if we can get her to pay attention.

That's about it - but I can't stand all that biz where you invite adults around for a child's birthday and I can't stand inviting herds of strange kids round either. That will happen enough when she's older, though to be honest I will get out of it as often as I can. Just don't see the point in spending the day running around after other people's kids and entertaining them. I'd rather entertain mine. :D

Sue

Tiny Sue said:
That's about it - but I can't stand all that biz where you invite adults around for a child's birthday and I can't stand inviting herds of strange kids round either.
Sue

I can understand where you are coming from, but all the friends we invite round are those that are always involved with Seren. I don't have much family and my friends (and OH's friends) have been fantastic and are aleways phoning up asking after her, am a tad jealous now. So I just want them there to celebrate Seren's first year. I know she won't appreciate it but I just like to celebrate these milestones. Not up for jherds of kids, can just about cope with one lol.

You know I just read that post and it sounds like I have come off a right ol granny grump... :oops:

I don't mean that I won't enjoy her birthday...and the herds of strange kids will come along in time. I guess I'm just not a major party person! Sad eh? :lol:

Anyway apologies for being grumpy and spoiling the mood!

Sue

lol sue I know where your coming from, it was my bday 10 days after Ella was born and we had family round and I know its not the same as baby's 1st bday but I hated it! dunno why just the whole organising ect then entertaining everyone when all I wanted was a quiet night with my new baby, kept sneaking her upstairs to feed her :D

I think I might keep Ella's 1st birthday simple, might even be nice just to spend the day somewhere nice with mummy and daddy, then go to nana's and grandad's later on - saves everyone piling round my house :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back