What are you drinking?!

gemoid

Reaction score
Not that I was an alcoholic before I got my BFP, but I liked to have the odd glass of wine here and there! :D Obviously now that's a big no no, I was wondering what others are drinking? I've been trying to find something which isn't too sweet, but so far haven't found much. My hubby bought me appletise and sparkling grape juice, which is nice...but a bit sweet. Any ideas?

Hi. I'm just over 9 weeks now and I've been really good keeping off the sauce, but I did have a glass of tonic water with a thimbleful of vodka the other night and it actually helped settle my stomach!!

I don't think the odd glass of wine is a problem, although I'll probably have the odd one when I'm a bit further on!

At the moment it's Lucozade for me!!! Can't get enough of the stuff. Schloerr is really good as well.

Oh no is the recommendation no alcohol at all now then???
I had a glass of wine most evenings in my last pregnancies and it didn't do any harm, however you do feel a bit tiddly after only the first couple of mouthfulls haha!!
I've not drunk wine this time so far but thats only cos I'm not fancying it. i'm sure the desire will come back haha! Sorry i'm not an alcoholic or anything i don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of me, just find it helps me to unwind after a stressy day lol

I have drunk masses of fruit juices, in every flavour, as well as high juices.........diet coke, lime & soda etc.

I then found that Tesco and Sainsburys do a very low alcohol cider (the tesco one has 0.5% alcohol), so have that as a treat on a Fri. I have had the odd small glass of wine - but it gives me such chronic heartburn now I havent bothered for a while!

I have a bottle of pink champagne in the fridge ready for once LO is born! Despite wanting to breastfeed my MW has told me that the odd glass of wine or G&T straight after a feed is fine!

I have heard its ok for the odd glass but depends on your history with pregnancy. The doctor said its best not to have anything for the first trimester as you never know.. after that its fine I think. I have not wanted to if I am honest but thats because I am being so vigilant! :lol:

xx

I have a thing for milkshakes at the moment, so they are keeping me happy :D

I cant stay away from milk!!!!!! I have a pint a day at the moment!

I wasn't missing the alcohol until someone mentioned low alcohol cider! Haha might have to invest in some of that for a treat.

The one thing I can't go without is my morning cup of tea (or 2!) so I'm firmly switched to the decaf version now. Tbh I can't tell the difference!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, but I am just enjoying a very small bailey's with lots of ice in (DH is watching darts I need it for my sanity). I know it's naughty but a little one won't hurt. However most nights its hot chocolate with marshmallows on top, or gallons of fresh orange.

I'd do anything to drink! I thought my sickness was getting better but it's taken a HUGE turn for the worse and I can't keep anything down, liquid or solid, I'm living off of ice lollies :(

xx

emmalouise079 said:
I wasn't missing the alcohol until someone mentioned low alcohol cider! Haha might have to invest in some of that for a treat.

The one thing I can't go without is my morning cup of tea (or 2!) so I'm firmly switched to the decaf version now. Tbh I can't tell the difference!

The low alcohol cider is fantastic!!! You can only get it in the larger Tescos and Sainsburys and its their own brand! The Tesco one is usually with the low alcohol larger!

I was told decaf tea was not good for you!! I still drink 4 or 5 cups of a normal tea a day which is absolutely fine, you are allowed some caffeine!

EllieBelle said:
emmalouise079 said:

The low alcohol cider is fantastic!!! You can only get it in the larger Tescos and Sainsburys and its their own brand! The Tesco one is usually with the low alcohol larger!

I was told decaf tea was not good for you!! I still drink 4 or 5 cups of a normal tea a day which is absolutely fine, you are allowed some caffeine!

Oh no! Where did u hear about decaf tea being bad?! I was sure decaf would be better than normal?! I'll have to switch again to low- alcool cider LOL

I used to drink West Coast Cooler (fruity wine spritzer type drinky) as I'm not big into alcoholic tasting drinks. Since the BFP I've barely let a drop of alcohol pass my lips so when mum brought around a bottle of Shloer for Xmas dinner I quickly became addicted. Tesco had it one buy one get one but I only got 4 bottles to do me. Unfortunately I can drink a bottle an evening and the BOGOF offer is over. At least Shloer is half the price of West Coast Cooler but it's still dearer than water or diet coke.

Tasha20 said:

I drank so many milkshakes during both my previous pregnancies. I was addicted to them!

I normally drink sparkling water or herbal tea. Sometimes I'll grab a juice and once a week an ice tea when taking a break at dance lessons.
Tasha20 said:
I'm now craving a milkshake. Thanks :rotfl:

Thanks for that ladies - lots of ideas there! I know a small amound of alcohol is meant to be ok, but I definitely wont be drinking anything during the first tri - just in case.

I hadn't heard that decaf tea was bad?! I've read up on caffiene and although you'd have to drink quite a lot to cause problems, I thought it best to switch to decaf tea and coffee as I can't really tell the difference. Why would decaf tea be a problem?

I'm drinking sugar free Vimto cordial at the moment (diluted with water or lemonade) . . .strange thing is though - if you drink it straight after brushing your teeth it tastes like the dentist drink you get!!! (not sure if thats some weird craving - but I can't get enough of it!)

I drank guinness and blackcurrant when I was pregnant with Aaliyah as midwife told me to if I must have a drink as it's full of iron...she was right, my iron levels were soaring and all the midwifes commented on it...i said it was good ol' guinness :lol: I'd only drink one can every now and then...if that though! It's not very nice but with cordial it's a little more bearable.

I have drank a little guinness already with this pregnancy with it being xmas and new year and I went a friends house on Friday and drank a low alcohol alcopop.

But I mostly just drink tea/coffee, milkshakes, coke or juice.

Your actually allowed 8 cups of regular tea a day, 4 cups of coffee and i'm not sure if it's 8 cans of coke too? The cafeen can't be that high in them and 8 cups of tea a day? It isn't even worth switching to decaf which I heard was bad too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back