what are symptoms of PND???

rach

Reaction score
hi everyone was just wondering what the symptoms of pnd are
at the moment i feel like im on a downward slope and i cant get back up it :( as most of you know ive had a really bad year the last year with losing my son and then all the worry during this pregnancy of whether we would lose another child then just 2 weeks after the birth one of my best friends was run over and killed and then of course we had what should have been our sons 1st birthday just a week afterwards so its really been non stop worry stress and grief for a whole year now.
so ive been very down since the birth of christopher but have put it down to everything else thats happened but the last week or 2 i feel like im getting worse :( im tearful all the time and very snappy towards o/h im so tired all the time it dont matter how much help i have with christopher or the housework or how much sleep i get i just cant shake the tired feeling think my nerves are playing up too as im itching everywhere either excema (sp) patches or itchy bumps i feel completely run down sore throats and headaches and colds and coughs its never ending
all i want to do is curl up on sofa and stay there :( and do nothing.
if i say anything to family or o/h about how im feeling all i get is that its only to be expected with a new baby and im bound to be tired :(

sorry such a long post :oops: needed to tell someone, any advice would be great xxxxxxxxx

hi hun i can only sppek for myself but i had :
crying all the time
couldnt be bothered to get dressed or do my hair
didnt bother if hannah cried
felt worthless
didnt want to eat
didnt want to go out
even thought about going under the bus that went in front of my house
but i am now on medication and feel brill plz talk to your hv or doctor hun and there is a question sheet u can do and it gives you a pnd score plz feel free to pm me if you want to talk :hug:

Hiya Rach, just wanted to give you a :hug: I would speak to your health visitor about how you are feeling. Sometimes voicing your concerns can go some way to helping. :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

big hugs rach

i have no expeience of PND.
But i know a little of what you went through this last year and i have to say i have admired your strength and determination.

i will however say that a little of what you have described does sound normal but i do realise you have more than most to cope with and really think you should keep an eye on the situation and talk to your health visitor if you can, and of course talk to us.

better to nip these things in the bud before they get out of hand but also not blow completely normal feelings of overwhelm and exhaustion out of hand.

you know how you feel, i would trust your instincts. thinking of you.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww hun. Def speak to your HV/gp. i did a questionaire at 6 weeks which showed a high pnd score (or something :think: ).

Its a horrible feeling, and im still at the stage where i need to convince myself daily that it will get better.

The thing i have found has helped me loads is when i have had a better day, to write it all down. When i have a naff day, i sit and read that i wrote, and it helps me deal with feeling down.

If you ever need a chat, we are only a pm away huni.

I hope you start to feel better soon :hug:

thanks everyone i have an appointment with my gp for next week but think i will give health visitor a ring 2moro and see if she will pop up xxxxxxxxx

good luck rach, it is great that you are going to be talking about it :hug: :hug:

Hi Rach,
I just wanted to give you a hug :hug: & say that you are doing the right thing by approaching your HV, they will be able to assess you and give you some advice and may refer you to someone.
As the old saying goes, better out than in, so talking about it is the second step, you've more than made the first step by acknowledging that there may be a problem
I don't know enough about it to help too much, but my pm box is always always open, and I am a good listener :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back