• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What annoys you in your house?

Urchin

Reaction score
...No I don't mean your OH!

With me it's GOT to be the fridge freezer, well, the freezer part really, the drawers don't close properly, the fronts of them are getting cracked, and everything gets covered in ice.
It's not even that old, but it really pees me off when I have to get something out of it.
And why is it that food seems to expand when you take it out of the freezer so when you take 5 things out to get to something else, even though you've taken something out you can never get the other stuff back in?
I always get frustrated and end up slamming the door on it and it won't close properly and I get really :twisted: and end up forcing it...which is very possibly why the fronts are getting cracked and the drawers filled with ice. Help! I'm in a vicious circle of freezer hell!

The most infuriating thing in mynhouse is this piece of shit computer!!

I have to turn it on 45 MINUTES before I want to use it and it's really slow. I should get it sorted but I'm too damn busy :lol:

If it's not that it's probably my kitchen. It's still in a wooden built extension (ie: shed) and until we can afford to get it razed to the ground and rebuilt I cringe every time I open a cupboard as we have spiders living in them :( :shock:

My dog.. hes getting old, wee's and poohs every where.. i know its only cos hes old but it so annoys me to come downstairs and hes peed :x

Im such a 'freezer freak' i will always manage to pack the food in even if Ive bought too much- there is ALWAYS a way (it usually involves getting rid of some packaging) Im the same when I pack my suitcase lol

Anyway, in my house the fridge freezer only fits into one space, partially blocking the big long cupboard with the saucepans and cat food in. It means you have to twizzle your body round to get anything in or out of the cupboard. I didnt bother when I was preg, i just left all the pans on the draining board and I leave them there even now (bad habit now :roll: )

The bath panel falls out even if you touch it gently, Im always knocing it by accident.

The floorboards upstairs are sooooooo creaky

theres a sharp bit on one of the corners of one of my kitchen units and I always scratch my hands on it

the chap who used to own this house was an alarm installer and there is a massive fire alarm system- like the kind you'd find on buisiness permesis. what ever happened to a £3.99 smoke alarm :rotfl:

erm, other than that i love my little shoebox :D

the carpet on my stairs and landing, it's like something out of the 70's :puke:

We are all electric, so the waters heats into a tank.....takes about 3 hours, it holds enough water for us to have a shower each in the morning, then we have cold water until it reheats....and if either of us forgets to put the water on then its cold when we need to use it.......for example, DH has just had a cold shower after the gym :evil:

It too small and my kitchen. Its so old and all the backs have fell out of the cuboards and I loose all the stuff down the back. :evil: I keep asking them to fix it but they won't. Theres hardly any plug sockets either. I have my pc plugged into an extention lead in the living room and drilled thorogh the wall. I could go on forever about this peice of shit house :evil:

I forgot my kitchen has a concrete floor so is FREEZING in winter, we're getting an extension soon though :pray:

Also, we've done a load of renovating/redecorating but theres still WAY too much woodchip

it's got to be the throws on the sofa. we didn't like the original colour of the sofas when we moved in so we bought some throws. but they never stay in place! we have to fix them all the time, i've thought about sowing them on but it will be a hassle to unstitch them to wash them :x

laetitia85 said:
it's got to be the throws on the sofa. we didn't like the original colour of the sofas when we moved in so we bought some throws. but they never stay in place! we have to fix them all the time, i've thought about sowing them on but it will be a hassle to unstitch them to wash them :x

have you thought of using velcro?

The TV! OH broke it ages ago and now its permanently stuck on a screen size that cuts the edges of the picture off.

Grrrrrrrrrr :x

Currently the fact that next door's cheeky cat can get through our LOCKED cat flap and eat my cat's food! Esp when I hear her flapping it at 3.30 am!

Urchin said:
...No I don't mean your OH!

With me it's GOT to be the fridge freezer, well, the freezer part really, the drawers don't close properly, the fronts of them are getting cracked, and everything gets covered in ice.
It's not even that old, but it really pees me off when I have to get something out of it.
And why is it that food seems to expand when you take it out of the freezer so when you take 5 things out to get to something else, even though you've taken something out you can never get the other stuff back in?
I always get frustrated and end up slamming the door on it and it won't close properly and I get really :twisted: and end up forcing it...which is very possibly why the fronts are getting cracked and the drawers filled with ice. Help! I'm in a vicious circle of freezer hell!

my hallway coz the kids throw all their things in there when they come in from school and it never looks tidy.

Kylie1007 said:
Currently the fact that next door's cheeky cat can get through our LOCKED cat flap and eat my cat's food! Esp when I hear her flapping it at 3.30 am!

Get one of those magnetic ones with a special collar that's the only one that opens the flap. :)

loadsa things lol

6 out of 10 interior doors wont close, and the back door gets so swollen when its been very rainy (like last month) that u cant open it.
the cats hav torn off half the wallpaper in the dining room it looks amess
the taps in the kitchen dont match the sink
theres a loose tile on the kitchen floor
the kitchen walls are damp and cracked from a leaky pipe weve only just had fixed (there were mushrooms growing out of it- yuck!)
the bed is broken
the main tv is broken everything looks slightly pink
none of the mirrors or pictures are fitted 2 the walls they just propped against them
the guttering needs doing at the back so when it rains we hav a waterfall coming off the roof
the front gets really dirty coz of the main road
its a victorian house so theres only 1 power socket in each room upstairs and only 2 in each downstairs
theres no magnet on the shower door so it wont seal closed
the bath panels are not fixed so if u kick it by accident it falls down
the toilet seat wont stay up (hang on, that dont bother me lol!)

it sounds like a right crack den doesnt it lol but its not that bad honest theres pics in urchins other thread!

where do I start?
1. The really dodgy decor from the previous owners that we just haven't had time sort yet.
2. The impossibly tiny kitchen...going to knock it through into the dining room and get a dishwasher at long last!!!
3. the terribly messy back garden.
4. The fact that it is a terrace house so we can't get round the back without traipsing all the way through the house.
5. the tiny garden, not at all fit for a child to play in.

I just wish my darling OH was more DIY motivated...I can't change things by myself and he has absolutely no inclination. He thinks it is fine and needs nothing doing to it :wall: He would be happy in student digs, I am sure!

Breathe.... at least we are lucky enough to have a house I suppose. I just get annoyed that we have the money to make it nice but OH wont help me change it!! :(

my landlord. Got a rotten back door i need to wash every week or the mold grows back, and they have just said its fine and are refusing to replace it... rotten window frames, and the glass shakes in the wind. no window in my front room (i live in an end of terrace, and its in the middle of the house). anything that goes in the cupboard under the stairs, ends up moldy (becuase it gets damp in there). Problems with dam in my bedroom, which i have made loads better already, but my landlord refuses to admit is damp. ive had to pull the wall paper of part of the wall becuase of the problem, and they still havn't come to fix it (2 years ago!!!). and becuase of all of this, i have a dehumidifer running constantly, but it doesn't seem to do bugger all! :x

and the fact, that the rent is so cheep, i shouldn't really complain. We don't have the cash to be able to move :(

but - i do love the size of my bedroom, bathroom and kitchen :lol:

Urchin said:
Kylie1007 said:

Get one of those magnetic ones with a special collar that's the only one that opens the flap. :)

We did! She could get through that too!

the fact its a flat ? :rotfl:

my freezer only had 1 and half draws
if u open a cuboard or the washing maching or freezer door u cant actually walk through the kitchen !
my front door lock is broken , so its perminatly locked and u have to use a key to open it.
i would live a power shower instead of a hose from my tap ! can never get the right temp !

but im lucky witht he flat ive got , considering its in london i have a huge back garden ! but i do pay the price , my rent should be 850 a month but at mo its only 700 so im not complaining too much !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back