What am I entitled to?

claire2711

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what I am entitled to........?

CAB say we are entitled to child benefit, and tax credits. are working family tax credits seperate, or incorporated into "tax credits"?? i am on mat leave from work, and OH works a 40 hour week.

is it just these 2 we could get? any how do you go about getting milk tokens? I'm hopefully applying for surestart mat grant tomoz with HV, as MW didnt mention it to me at all :roll: .

any help would be grrrrreat!!! :cheer:

yep if you have been working over 16 hours then you are entitled to working tax credits.

for us, both of us worked 37 hours a week. we are entitled to child tax credit, working tax credit and child benefit.

i think though working tax credit has now stopped for us as OH earned a lot more money last year and so we are above the threashold for it. when he was earning 15k and i was on 11 or so we also got the childcare part of working tax credit which gives up to 70% childcare costs as well.

best thing to do is just fill out the form and see what you are entitled to

there is also an online form you can fill out via the inland revenue website that tells you how much you should be entitled to

here's the link

http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov ... ehold.aspx

I'm not entitled to milk tokens as i'm getting working tax credits. Working tax and child tax get paid together. I didn't realise i was entitled to child tax so you should be too. Before they sent me out an application i had to answer the questions over the phone and they gave me an estimate. They are really quite helpful.

Nearly everyone is entiled to child benefit (£18ish a week for 1st child) and Child Tax Credits (CTC); If you earn under a certain amount you will also be entitled to Working Tax Credits (WTC).

Whilst you are on maternity leave you are classed as employed and they take your average hours. When you first fill in your tax credits form you enter in last tax years details and then once they have worked out your award you let them know of any changes. For example if you aren't going back to work they will amend your award so you will get more.

Be careful if you use estimates though as if they award you too much they will take it back again :evil:

Benefits Calculator This is a good link for a rough guide to what you will get.

you have to be on a very low wage to get working tax , me and other half both work over 40 hours and we dont get it at all . all we get is child benefit and child tax credit .

When I called up to get the application form for tax credits they went through the rough details of our earnings over the phone to check we were entitled before we sent out the form. Might be worth doing that? You need to put details of your child benefit on the tax credits form so I assume you need to apply for that first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back