What age did you/will you wean?

bex

Reaction score
I was just wondering what age all of you are weaning. My HV has said not to do it until 6 months but I have noticed lots of people doing it much earlier than this. Just wanted a few opinions on this please.

Hi Keely, Are you not worried about allergies etc with weaning early. I haven't started weaning Finn yet but I'm starting to wonder whether I should start. I was planning on trying to keep him on breast milk until 6 months if poss and introduce formula as extra feeds if needed.

well i think its gluten that can cause allergies, and before we had are little ones everyone started to wean at 4 months.... seems like we are the mums that got all the new RULES!!

....not to make bottles up at once
....dont wean till 6 months
....etc etc etc

I am just feed homemade foods so he can not have any crap thats in jars like oil, gluten, wheat

xxxx

Hmmm it's got me thinking! I'm planning on doing all the food my self. Maybe next week I'll have a cooking day and start after that?!

HI

I started my son very early on solids as he refused the bottle most of the time and I had a struggle to get milk down him.

I started at 11 weeks with very running rice and veg and after seeing my GP and Paedtriction they were both happy with this.

I only stuck to rice and veg and after he got to 4 months I just gave him veg now he is 6 1/2 months I now give him what he can have.

The advise is only give baby rice and veg until 6 months then start him on wheat,and white meat etc.

Good luck go with what your heart says if they dont like it they soon tell you.

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back