What a SCARE!

Jaidy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope your all ok. As most of your know I cant get onto the PC as much as Id like to now Ive moved as I dont have a PC at home, but I managed to get on dads today!!
Yesterday I had the BIGGEST fright. Here's what happened....

I woke with tummy ache and started moaning to Rich that my tummy hurt. He just dismissed it saying I probably needed a poo!! :roll: I went to work and by half 9 the pains had got worse, they were all over my stomach but more so on the left hand side, quite low down. My boss said I looked pale and called in another therapist to see if she could cover my for the day and sent me home. I went to my mums who was really worried (as mums are lol) who advised me to call my midwife so i did but it was an answerphone so I left a message saying I was in a lot of pain, where it was etc and what I should do. By 2pm ish I was still im pain and hadnt heard from my midwife so mum drove me to the docs surgery (where she works funnily enough). I saw the nurse practicioner straight away who examined me. She couldnt give me an answer as to what the pain was so she called in a doctor who examined me too. By this time I was getting really scared thinking 'tell me something!'
They ummed and ahhed for a few mins and then said they wanted to send me to the hospital asap to get the baby checked out as they thought it might be ECTOPIC. I SHAT my pants when I heard that, it was horrible. They said even though I was nearly 10 weeks an ectoptic pregnancy can go undetected until then (even though they are normally discovered at about 6-7 weeks) and because of the situation of my pain they didnt want to take any chances.
So I rushed off to hospital, and was seen pretty soon. I did a urine sample, had bloods taken etc ,etc, when all I really wanted to know was if my baby was alright!!!
I finally went down for a scan at about half 4. I lay on the couch with my partner, not knowing what to expect. Then my lil baby popped up on the screen! The sonographer said that it was DEFINATELY in the womb, there was just the one fetus and it had a good, strong heart beat!! The little munchkin even blew me and daddy a bubble and my heart just melted. It was wriggling around which was so fantastic!!! It was the most amazing feeling ever, it really was. I didnt want the scan to end.
The sonographer then scanned my ovaries, she found my right but couldnt see my left because there was a LOT of bowel gas on the left hand side. She said this was prob the reason for my chronic stomach pain!!! How embarassing, but I didnt care as I was on top of the world.
I went back and saw a consultant who basically told me because the pregnancy is normal and healthy the pain was prob due to a mixture of trapped wind, and a suspected urine infection. I get the results from my urine tomo, if I have an infection I will have antibiotics.
SO RELEIVED! What a scare, it was such a worry but im just made up now.

Here is my little bean!!!!!!!!!! Doesnt it make you feel so proud to see it for the first time????

scan1.jpg

omg hun your heart must have been in your mouth till you saw your little bean wriggling and a good strong heartbeat!

Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy

Take it easy hun
xxxxxxx

OMG that was a fright!!!! So glad everything was okay hun, and that you got to see your LO on the screen!! :D

oh god hun how horrible i am so glad everything was ok in the end tho, and u got a great pic out of it

OMG, poor you. Must have been terryifying.

I am so glad that all is ok and that you got to see your little bean.

Take care and all the best :D

Sending you my huggles & wishes as usual! Was glad you told me about it when you knew everything was ok.
x x

babe im sooooo happy for u... i remember you saying to me you dont ever think you will get preg now look at you :lol:

yay :dance: :dance:

I know its mad isnt it?????? Im so very happy that the baby is ok Im so proud, I just wanna show everyone my picture!!!

So glad you are ok honey,what a cute little bean :D xx

Oh Jaidy, I was just thinking of you when I logged on wondering how you were...
I am SO relived everything is ok for you, bless you. What a fright!!

GORGEOUS bean piccie, wow, its amazing seing its little heart beating. I cant believe the difference in size to mine a week ago. They grow really quickly from week 9.

Sending you lots of excited hugs!!!!!

xxx :dance: :dance: :dance: xxxx :dance: :dance: xxxx

Wow Jaidy, so sorry to here about your scare, I know its terrifying I had a bit of a bleed and spent a day in hospital myself a few weeks a ago. As you know it makes you even more thankful when you go through a scare! I'm glad you got to see your bean and don't worry about the urine infection, I also had a minor one and was told to just increase my liquids.

I'm glad it all worked out and look forward to hearing about your next scan, you won't believe how much your LO will have grown x

Aww hunni xoxoxoxxo

At least you got to see your bubba :D

Oh my god, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw your post. I am so glad that everything is ok and your bean is gorgeous! How cute that he/she blew bubbles! I can just imagine how relived you feel now. Only two weeks until your next scan!

Sending you a big hug!!

Lyns xx

p.s> I have had my scan brought forward to Mon 19th so not long to wait now!

Im so glad that baby is fine Jaidy! That must have been so scary for you!

glad everything was ok for you honey, take care.

great piccie!! :clap:

OMG hun I'm glad your ok!

With u having the scare I think u need to play on it to RICH saying that u need a lot of relaxation time LOL....

god mate, so glad everything turned out ok for you. lovely pic!! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back