WHAT a day

1sttimemum

Reaction score
Well

I wasnt due to see my midwife today - i was due to see her on thursday, but she called round today instead to see how i was!!

She came in and took my BP, now my BP is normally 110/60 or 70. Well today is was 130/90, :shock: Checked my urine - clear, i have swelling in my legs all the time and have been getting headaches. So she says she wants me to get checked out at the hosp so off i pop, not even having eaten yet or anythin.

BP as hosp was 123/79, 110/54 and then 120/90, Strange how it fluctuates, trace of protein in my wee, nothing major, and all bloods came back normal,Babies heartbeat was monitored and ranged from 120-170 but averaged 140. strange day all in all.

I have to go back next week and get urine dip and blood pressure checked to be on the safe side

Does anyone no why your blood pressure would change so dramaticly in such a short space of time?! :?

:hug: :hug:

Not sure why it fluctuates, but mine did a lot at your stage. I was also getting a lot of headaches and had to be monitored quite a few times due to this, bp, and visual disturbances.

Turned out to be migraines in the end, and the fact that I was still at work and commuting into london. It must have been stressing me out, even though I didn't think it was, as when I stopped work my bp went back to normal.

I also think mine is now slightly higher than normal for me because I worry so much about having it taken!!

Hopefully yours will go back down again as well - at least they are looking after you. It made me feel better about the hospital as they took it so seriously, and didn't make me feel silly.

oh hunny :hug:
how scary for you am glad babies heart beat is ok and your blood pressure went back to a normal level.
poor you with the headcaches
hope that go away soon luv
I'll be around for a pm chat in the next a half an hour or so
if you need a natter
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ive been signed off work since i was 27 weeks anyway so its not the stress of that, Just have to keep an eye on everything and see how we get on.

Thanks Lara and Sarah for your replies.

X

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I have no idea about it all really but at least they checked up on you :) always better to get checked out!

Hope it stays ok for you :) xx

how worrying for you!! Hopefully everything will be fine next week, Im sure it wil be, pregnancy does odd things to our bodies!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you are ok, sounds like an eventful day! :hug: :hug:

I think BP changes all the time whether we are pregnant or not, it depends on what time of day it is and what we are doing and what stresses we are facing. Obviously the demands of pregnancy make it all the more erratic. All your hopital readings didn't look too bad though, even if they varied a lot. I hope next week all goes well! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back