West Midlands

Manda

Reaction score
I put a post a while ago asking about areas to live in West Mids, well Dan has his interview and medical tomorrow and it looks like he'll be stationed at Solihull if he gets in as this is where he has to go for his interview, so we'll be looking for somewhere within about 20 mins drive, not too expensive but a decent area, anyone any recommendations?

Manda x

Solihill is nice, thats where im from (not saying it in a big headed way) the area im from is monkspath, but i beileve house prices have shot up there but then again they have everywhere! its about 5 mins drive from the centre :)

knowle and dorridge are lovely areas too

HTH cas x

Solihull is nice, but you'll need a fair wedge!

20 mins will get you access to loads of nice areas. Hall Green, Kings Norton, Bournville are all nice.

Moseley is great if you're a bit more 'bohemian' (!) :)

If money's tight some areas of Kings Norton, Kings Heath or Maypole are good value.

There's a few local lasses on here. PM if you'd like any more info. xxx

YAY I'm in Solihull!

(well, I'm actually in Yardley Wood which is right on the border, cos it's cheaper!)

There's loads of cheap houses round here Manda I'll pm you!

Yay i live in Solihull too!

Think the girls on here have said it already in terms of which areas to look at - will say you'll find it cheaper to buy houses north of Solihull rather than south, but thats not to say they aren't nice!

Izzyx

Thanks you lot, will keep yuo informed and look forward to meeting you all :0)

Well Dan just rang his medical went well this morning although they did find a heart murmar but said not to worry about it - cant believe they missed this when we went to Oz as we had to pay megga bucks for a private medical which is supposed to be thorough, they missed me being pregnant and his heart murmar :shock: his interview went really well they said its the best interview they've done :) he has his fitness test Fri which is a bummer i thought he had that today too, so looks like another journey Thursday night for him, if it had been in the afternoon i would have come up with him and maybe met some of you for coffee, never mind hey, anyway they told him as long as he passes his fitness test he's in yippee :dance: :clap: i'm so proud of him, and at least we know now that we'll soon have money coming in :clap:

Great news Manda!
If you wanna meet for coffee sometime, or I can show you round the area so you can get an idea of what it's like, let me know!

Dan has just set off for Birmingham again he's got his fitness test tomorrow, we were both quite shocked as it's harder than we thought it was gonna be they do a diffreent one to most police forces :shock: i'm sure he'll be ok tho, he's got it 8.15 in morning so will let you know how he gets on, if he passes he's def in :) :dance: and will hopefully have a quick start date :)

just had a call............. he passed :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap:
hes gone to see personnel now see when hes likely to start so west mids here we come :dance: :dance:

YAY!!!

Solihull police station is about 10 mins from my house so you're bound to be quite close to me, I can't wait to take you to the local baby group!

Let me know if you need any help at all with anything, I can tell you all about the different areas etc, pm me if you need me

:dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back