Well...I just had a bath WITH the dog....

Little Bump

Reaction score
Why oh why didn't I just fork out a tenner for the dog groomer?

I have a foster mum here for some orphan puppies, and she's done her job (marvellously actually) and it's time for her to go home (sob, but that's for another time)

I decided that she MUST go home bathed and groomed, all sparkly and nice smelling and decided to give her a bath...plus she rolled in something not very nice this morning....I think it used to be alive but hadn't been for a LONG time :puke:

Well...since I struggle to bath myself you'd think I'd cotton on that leaning over the bath washing a dog would be rather uncomfortable, if not nigh on impossible really...

But nooooo I decide I'm Super Sam, Washer of Dogs, Slayer of Pongs....so I run the bath, chase the poor dog round the house as she's obviously accustomed to what comes after a bath being run, on the third lap of the living room I manage to rugby tackle her to the ground and half drag, half hoist her up the stairs. Deposit her none too delicately with a splash in the bath and soak her. Half way through lathering her up I'm getting cramp in the backs of my legs from the bending, by the time she was so lathered she looked like a ball of suds on legs I was in agony with my back.

She wouldn't tolerate the shower at all so my only option was 'dousing her' with a coffee mug.Not exactly the quickest way in the world.

Half way through I was so uncomfortable there was only 2 options, take her downstairs, tracking water and shampoo all through the house, tying her to the fence and jet wash her, or try and get myself slightly more comfortable and grin and bear it.

So I whipped off my joggers and knelt in the few inches of water to rinse her off.

Not the most hygenic route I shouldn't think but I was pretty desperate :rotfl:

Then I rubbed her with a towel whilst I went to the shower room and used OH's shower to clean myself properly, only to find on my return that I'd left my bedroom door open and she was rolling around on my cream bedding in pure ecstacy!!

Just the bath to clean now :lol:

i can sympathize, im a fosterer for a dog rescue and we had the smelliest pom in the other day so in my wisdom i decided to bath her along with my 2 (a St Bernard and an Irish Setter)
what was i thinking i ended up wetter than any of them and trying to keep an 11 stone st in the bath is no joke.
Well done on the puppies by the way :clap:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brilliant!!!

Poor pup sounds like he did not have the most fun experience either!!

I think next time go with the tying up and power hose option (is that classed as animal cruelty?! :shock: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back