well done ALL NEW MUMS X

hayley

Reaction score
I haven't been on for a while... been deadbusy with Jacob and i've gone back to work already...

BUT i just wanted to say WELL DONE to all the new mums.. :clap: :clap: i've lost track of who is due. To be honest i forget what day it is at the moment i'm so busy!

Hope you all feel very proud of yourselves - congratulations xx

I second that: :dance: CONGRATULATIONS :clap: . I try and reply when I can but mainly end up reading and not replying!

All your births sound horrific :wink: but all your babies look gorgeous!!!!

(Almost makes me want another one! :shhh: )

Tan x

i'll second that 2!! so many babies at the mo!

Just wanted to bump this as I have been dying to come on here and congratulate everyone.. feel so bad that you were all there for me every step of my journey and now I don't seem to have any time to catch up on all the news and announcements... Lara Jane certainly has put me through my paces these past 12 weeks.. definitely a spirited baby who does not like to sleep - bit like her mum !!

so.. CONGRATS to all of you who are now MUMs!!! it is fantastic [albeit sooooooo time consuming!] and I hope you are all healthy and happy with your new bundles of joy!!

xxxxxxxx

Good to hear from you Anna Marie, I've been thinking about you.

Can't believe you're back at work already Hayley, time is flying by!

thanks Bagpuss.. amazing how time flies you are right.. people ask me if I am bored being at home.. if only I had time to be bored i could answer them!!!...NO never bored.. I love being at home with lara.. despite any problems we may have [lara not sleeping etc!] I just have to look at her, see her smile back at me and i cry with happiness... my heart melts and I never want to leave her side!! I cannot imagine going back to work but that day will come next August !! :(

Bagpuss how are you? still at home or back at work now too??
x

Ahh, it sounds like you are really enjoying motherhood. Me too!!!

Isaac has been a star from the start, he slept virtually non stop for the first 2 months of his life, probably because he was premature. We soon got into a good routine with him during the day and at bedtime. He finally started to sleep through about a month ago and now sleeps for 11 hours at at time and still has 3 or 4 naps in the daytime.

We're weaning at the moment, just been pureeing some more food whilst he's asleep. He's really enjoying his food. It's lovely to see them do new things every day isn't it. I can't wait to have another baby but won't rush into things just yet. I want to enjoy Isaac and give him lots of 1-1 attention before having no.2

I'm still at home, I'm going back in April 4 days a week or possibly using my annual leave from this year to phase my return to work starting in March and just start with 2 days a week in March. Building up to 3 days a week in April and then 4 days a week from May until I feel ready to go back full time, if at all.

Are you going back full time next year or part time?

Just enjoy the time you have with her and don't think about going back to work.

I hope she settles down for you soon with her sleeping. They seem to just do it all of sudden and surprise you.

So Glad Isaac is making life more interesting for you and how lucky are you that he sleeps through.. I actually managed to get Lara to have her lunchtime nap today [hence on here!!] so that has lifted my spirit a bit.. to be honest she is a very good little baby.. she is happy on our routine and is going from 7pm to around 3am most nights so I am only having to do one feed in the night and hopefully that will disappear in time.. its just the day time she is not so fond of napping!!

Hey Bagpuss..

I am not back to work til august.. not sure if full or part time.. I guess it depends also on whether we think about ttc for another... to be honest right now I cannot contemplate it as I am just tooooooo exhausted and overwhelmed still but maybe in a few more months I will consider it.. my OH wants us to consider it NOW but as usual its MY decision after all its me who has to go through all the anxiety of ttc and then the pregnancy and birth etc etc...

You are right about the 1-1 time.. I love it!! I spend so much of my day with lara on my lap just looking at each other and "chatting" to each other.. its wonderful and the way she smiles at me when she sees me as soon as she wakes up just makes me cry every time!!!!

We go out for a walk in the morning and a walk in the afternoon [having a dog is good to get us out and about!!] and she will usually nap for 20 mins or so in pram so she is getting better at sleeping but just doesn't seem to need much sleep.. lucky her!!!!

anyway.. I can hear her waking up on the monitor.. going through a bit of a growths spurt again I think.. constantly hungry so I had better dash to get her up... time to see her lovely little smile again!
chat soon xxx

I never thought Isaac would sleep through, it will come for you. She's doing better than Isaac at her age, he was waking twice a night at that stage.

I want another reasonably close but I couldn't think of it just yet. Maybe this time next year. I want my body to recover first and to have plenty of time with Isaac, he deserves that much.

I'm so glad we've got our gorgeous babies, they give you such a purpose in life. Wish I'd started a family sooner now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back