• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight probs and a Squint?

BubbleOne

Reaction score
Well me and Sami went to get the babes weighed today.

Phoebe is 31weeks and weighs 15lb 11oz. Going happily up the 9th centile but they seem to constantly whinge at me about her weight and eating. :evil:

More worryingly my Health Visitor has referred Phoebe to the hospital as she thinks she has a squint or lazy eye.
Anyone else had this?

Have to say I spend all day looking at her and have never noticed anything!!

I'm always sailing along nicely until I go to bloody weigh in :evil:

I stoppped going to weigh ins as the MV HV were always moaning or giving different advice, so i only go when they call me in. They offered me a squint test for ewan but never heard anything about it.
My hubby had a squint but it corrected its self, they may adise surgery as they did with my hubby but the day before he had the surgery the squint moved to he other eye!! he later found out that often afer the surgery you have to have it every few years as they tighten the muscle behind the eye which then stretches over time.
hope this is of some help

my doc thought alex possibly had a slight squint and reffered us to the orthoptist at the hospital. she was great. turned out he doesnt.

basically he has quite a flat bridge on his nose (she said by my face shape etc that i would have done too whe i was wee) and this meant that he had a bit more skin than he needs now in that area. this meant that you cant really see the tear duct and part of the white of his eye when he looks a certain way. this meant it looked like one eye was turned more to the side than the other. does that make any sense? sorry i know what i mean :wink:

anyway she said to look in photos and where the pin point of light is in his eyes - it should be in the same place in both eyes.

my doc refferred as he said they are far better at detecting it than gps are. very often they correct themselves but can usually be treated with exercises to strenghten the muscle. if you cant see it (i could sometimes see what my doc was talking about) then chances are it will only be slight if it there at all.

hope all is ok!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hardly get Seren wighed, do it very occasionally. My cousin had a squint, he had patches, glasses and eventually had to have surgery but it has healed now and we would never guess he had one. I hope Phoebe doesn't have to go through anyhting like that, mind you his squint was very obvious

(sorry I haven't replied to your PM yet, am so bloomin rushed at the mo)

Em78 said:
basically he has quite a flat bridge on his nose (she said by my face shape etc that i would have done too whe i was wee) and this meant that he had a bit more skin than he needs now in that area. this meant that you cant really see the tear duct and part of the white of his eye when he looks a certain way. this meant it looked like one eye was turned more to the side than the other. does that make any sense? sorry i know what i mean :wink:

That could be the case with Phoebe thinking about it Carly. You can't see her tear duct in her right eye from what I remember looking at her. Compared to still being able to see my squint, despite wearing glasses, patches, surgery and contact lenses, she doesn't have anything wrong.

We should stop going to weigh in! :wall:

Glad it made enough sense that you understood it sami :lol: i read it back and thought - nah thats twaddle!

try the thing with the photos too - its worth going to the refferal just incase - as i said they can do exersices so that if there is a slight squint then it can often be corrected very young.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Em what you said makes perfect sense. :lol:

And Sami you are right about the tear duct thing.

I've always said she has a funny nose so maybe it is her nose shape.

I'll definately go to the appointment at the hospital just to hear what they say.

All advice is welcome :lol:

Hello,
Just thought I'd say hi, and say that I had a squint from birth and I had it operated on aged 4. You'd never know now, although I've just had to start wearing glasses for focusing stuff. i was in hospital overnight. Nowadays children are in for only a day for surgery. Very simple, quick and hassle free. They don't usually do this operation til they are at least 2-3 years old.
Hope this helps...
:)

Here comes the horror story!

I have had my squint operated on..............12 times!

I have also had botox injections into the eye muscles and an operation to correct the squint where they leave the stitches untied till you are awake! Also, had some plastic surgery on my eyelid under local when I was 20.

Still squint tho! :roll:

Anyway, I'm sure it will all be fine. Mine was an isolated case and there was a neurological cause for the squint that wasn't picked up until it was too late and I had had all the surgery.

Squint surgery only takes about one hour and is a day case procedure. Its usually very successful too. If you need any advice about the experience of eye hospitals, then just PM me. Hope I didnt scare you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back