Weight off the chart?

knopk@

Reaction score
Hi ladies, anyone has a baby who is off the chart for weight? My boy was born just above 50th centile but is now off the chart, they seem to think its not normal but he is mostly self feeding now so how can i overfeed him?
He only gets water as a drink as well, so no juices. He is a very active boy just chubby.
Should i be concerned?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My Joshua was exactly the same! Doubled his birth weight at about 6 weeks and fell of the chart at 4 months! He has a really good diet and has never been over fed! I've had a lot of underhand comments about him and I do go on the defensive! He is 2.5 yrs now and weighs about 43lb and is over a meter tall! The average 4 yr old lol

Is his height around the same too? I wouldn't worry at all. Once he's running around his weight will slow down.

Good to hear i am not alone. Anton is on 98th centile for height and he is just big, his hands are like toddler hands.
I am a bit fed up with the comments. His arms are not that chubby, mainly legs and bottom. Looking at my baby pics, I was the same.

I just dont want to weigh him anymore, this one was his developmental check

He is just supposed to be big! I really wouldn't worry. Everyone says my little man is big but he's been on 98th since birth for height and weight.

They would soon start worrying if his weight went down!

Defo don't worry! Joshua's height is off the chart too! Alot of people/doctors don't look at the gene pool! Joshua's bio mum is 5ft 11in and his donor is 6ft 2in so he is bound to be big! Look at him with nothing on and he isn't fat! Has never had any rolls! He is very strong too so I say most of his weight is muscle!

well my husband is about 6'3 so probably taking hight from daddy and chubbiness from me. I am an average height

Babies come in all shapes and sizes, unless you are feeding him really unhealthily which im sure your not then dont worry, he is just going to be big!!
xxx

Its just HVs panicking over it. I am feeding him a balanced diet, he hasnt tried chocolate and sweets and has home made food most days (doesny like jars).
Thanks for input ladies,i am feeling a bit better.
They said to cut down his milk (he is mixed fed) but surely if i cut down formula, he will get more from me? Whats the point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back