Weight gain

DDS

Reaction score
I am 26 weeks pregnant, and have already put on 12kg's (26lb) is this normal?
Most books i have read say on average in total you should put on 14kg (30lb).
Just wondering how others have progressed.
My MW is not bothered.
I guess i just want to know i am going to be be able to lose it all again, or should i really start watching what i am eating.

i have put on about 16 pounds and I am 22 weeks pregnant.

X

Ive put on 5lbs and Im 17 weeks.

Im not too sure if thats good or bad xx

I have put on 2lb so far at 13 wks, but i lost 4lbs when i first found out i was pregnant, so still 2lbs lighter. I am overweight anyway, so i know that i have to eat sensibly as i really cant afford to use pregnancy as an excuse to eat for 2 lol!!

Im 26 weeks too and have put on almost 2 stone!!!
I think it really depends on how big you were before.
I was 8st 6lb and a little underweight so i probably needed to put on a bit of weight to be able to carry a healthy baby.

tallulah73 said:
I think it really depends on how big you were before.

Aye, that's what I've read too.

I've put on very little so far (3-4 pounds) but I was overweight to begin with and I'm aware that it's best that I put on the minimum possible. Plus I was chucking up frequently up until 14 weeks and my appetite kinda vanished.

Ive roughly put on around 9lbs and nearly 17 weeks, however still no real bump and i look better for the extra weight :lol: (Thro of course my clothes/pants dont agree so put them aside for now!)

DDS said:
I am 26 weeks pregnant, and have already put on 12kg's (26lb) is this normal?
Most books i have read say on average in total you should put on 14kg (30lb).
Just wondering how others have progressed.
My MW is not bothered.
I guess i just want to know i am going to be be able to lose it all again, or should i really start watching what i am eating.

bad news. you won't lose it easily LOL.
Good news its normal . In my whole pregnancy i gained almost 30 kg!!! I lost almost 10 kg 10 days after birth ( didn't eat much didn't have appetite at all due to tiredness, lack of sleep) so i was happy for that, in a moths time i lost another 5, now im kind of stuck LOL i need to work hard to lose the rest before i ttc again.

Good luck and try and eat healthy as in your third tri you will feel really heavy.
best wishes

Im nearly 26 weeks and so far gained approx 16lbs..........I was 11.5 stone before (but then Im 5.11" tall).

I lost alot of weight in the 1st tri, then started putting it back on, but haven't weighed myself recently so not sure now!

Here's what the baby websites say:
http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/ ... unting.asp
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/a ... eightgain/

I think weight is not to be worried about too much unless you were very under or over weight to start with. Everyone is different and the doctors think so too as that's why it's now not procedure for midwives to weigh you every visit as they believe the stress and worry mothers get over the weight gain (too much/too little) is worse than the actual weight!

I'm now 11st2 and I was 10st8 when I got pregnant - so 8lb in 14 weeks. I'm 5'8" so I don't look heavy and my maternity clothes are size 12.

It varies for everyone and it's not something to worry about - if you're hungry, eat - your body tells you you're hungry for a reason

im amazed that you guys have actually weighed yourselves at all!!!

I lost 5 stone before i got pregnant and im petrified of weighing myself as I know i will get all depressed about it. I have decided that I shall worry about it once bubs is born and then i can really get back into the dieting and exercise thing with avengeance.

A
x

I have gained a stone which I think is no too bad for nearly 25 weeks just going to try hard to make sure I dont put on too much in the last bit. I think Christmas will be hard as I go on maternity leave on 19th December so have decided no to buy any tins of sweets as I know whilst hubby is at work I will sit & eat them

I put loads on last time! I was quite small before and lost it again fairly easily with breastfeeding and walking!
I seem to be gaining weight the same as last time too but I won't weigh myself :talkhand: :shakehead: :lol:

ive put on about 7lbs..so im well on track for my 4st weight gain with my DD :lol: it doesn't worry me though as i lost it all pretty easily with breast feeding and all the running around!

Last time I put on about 2.5 stone in total, and lost about 2, never did quite shift that last half stone :wall:

This time at 32 weeks I've put on 1st 10lbs so far (24 lbs) which I think is pretty good but then I don't think it really matters, some people put lots more on and lose it nice and quick. I just listen to my body and eat if I'm hungry, and try not to snack if I know it's just boredom or whatever! (Easier said than done!)

I put on 4 stone last pregnancy and was finally losing the last stone when I found out I was pregnant again :wall: :lol: so for that simple fact I refuse to weigh myself now or I'll just get depressed!

Im just over 15 weeks and havent put any weight on yet i was starting to worry and i asked my doctor and she said its better not to put weight on just yet as its harder to get rid of it when baby is born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back