• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

weight at 3 weeks old?

sarafet

Reaction score
aiden was weighed yesterday and he is now 11lb :oops:

does anyone know if this is quite normal, health visitor said it was fine, but we don't have centile charts or anything here. he is a very hungry baby and feeds A LOT, i've explained this to the HV and she said to persist with feeding him as and when he wants it..

thanks! :D

ryan was 12lb so im sure he's fine! ryan was also a very hungry baby (and still is) :hug:

Sounds fine to me :) I'd not worry. Galen was always feeding the first 4 weeks or so and then slowly settled. He is still a demanding feeder but my boobs have more milk also now so :lol: If he is a big baby he'll need more food so it makes sense he seems to be feeding a lot.

I checked Galen's weight so you have something to compare (although he is breastfed remember but it shows you his weight gain is LOTS :rotfl: )

Birth = 9lb 15oz / 4250gr
9 days = 10lb
3 weeks = 10lb 11ozs / 4860gr
3 1/2 weeks = 11lb 5 1/2 ozs / 5140gr
5 weeks = 12lb 1oz / 5460gr
6 weeks = 12lb 8ozs / 5660gr
7 weeks = 12lb 13ozs / 5880gr
8 weeks = 13lb 9ozs / 6140gr

Always better to have a baby who feeds and wants to feed than one who does not I reckon. Go with the flow I say and let him feed on :)

Blimey. He's healthy.
Angel weighed 11lb at 9 weeks. But we were having problems with her eating then being sick.

My LO is 10lb 6oz at 3 months. She was 6lb 13oz at birth. Her cousin was born 4 days earlier and weighed 7lb 2oz at birth. She is now 13lb 2oz at 3 months. What i guess I'm saying is that all babies are differnet so comparing one to another is pretty useless! As long as yours is eating, sleeping and filling nappies, don't worry. You can't tell a baby not to eat if it's hungry or to eat if it's not hungry- the constant feeding should settle down in a couple of weeks but til then :hug: you have my sympathy- it's exhausting! Try to :sleep: when you can xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back