weekend away

mum2A&L

Reaction score
me, oh and alice want a weekend away in the uk, but we are stuck for ideas....

we are stuck between scotland and cornwall at the moment, but would have no idea where abouts in these two places to go........

can anyone recomend anywhere that is baby friendly :)

When we go to scotland to visit family we love edinburgh its great!!!! And its not like london where its so hard to get a baby around....

When we go to cornwall we go to bude and we love it! But Im not sure if it will be any good for a nice weekend away at this time of year because it will be freezing and very windy on the coastline.

Cas x

thanks cassi.

we are thinking the beginning of apr to go. im not up to it at the mo, and if i do need my gall bladder removed im not sure how far away that will be.

is taking a baby away as much of a nightmare as what i am expecting?

Come to Scotland!!!!! Honestly there is loads of really nice places.... tell me what sort of weekend and I will try get some infor on nice places to go. We often go away for weekends and have pretty much been to each part of Scotland at one point or other.

S. xx

well we would have alice so it would need to be child friendly.

i love walking (although my chunky legs say different :rotfl: ), and i know its sad, but i love historical sites :oops:

what was your fav place to visit in scotland?

We are going to Buxton for the weekend this weekend, there is plenty to visit and walk around there.

ooo.... i hope you have a nice time!

bring loads of photo's back :)

If you like you're history etc then Id definatly say edinburgh :) you have got the castle and the holyrood palace and the crown jewels and the war museum, royal mile, ghost hunts etc etc etc.....its great and taking Jakob really wasnt hard at all :D

we stayed in Banffshire in Scotland in September and had the most amazing time!! We visited all the old castles there are loads in that area!! Honest we would move up there tomorrow if I could get a transfer with work!! (anywhere in Scotland-love it!!)
We stayed in a cottage booked on cottages4you.com there are loads to choose from and I'm sure most are family friendly!!
I've never been to Cornwall so I couldn't comment but used to holiday in Devon when I was little and loved it!

Edinburgh for sure (although i do live here so i'm slightly bias)

Plenty of history, the entire city (not just several buildings) have been awarded World Heritage Status!

You're only an hour and a half to the start of the highlands too.

I would definately say Scotland as there is so much to see and do. Also like has been said Edinburgh is great if you like history n stuff. We took Sophie htere on the train when she was 6 weeks old and it wasn't half as bad as I imagined.
Sarah x

oo.. looks like Edinburgh is a must.

cassi, did you go on the ghost walks with jacob? OH is a fan of most haunted and that kinda thing, so we would have to do that!

thanks for all the lovely ideas ladies! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back