weeing on the changing mat!!

loz

Reaction score
Any tips from anyone about preventing the weeing all over the changing mat scenario that I go through several times a day? It's driving me mad!!! :shock: Apart from all the extra laundry involved, poor Emms is getting covered in her own wee a lot!! :wall:

We just used to lie Ryan on a towel and change him as quickly as possible :lol:

leave the old nappy under her bottom while you wipe with her bottom lifted off the mat by her feet then quickly swop old for new that you have got ready by the side beforehand - with dedicated flannel by the change mat to clamp over offending regions should she pee during the switch - works for our little boy so should work for a girl as at least they don't have the firehose effect! Baby smile thinks it is a game!

I leave the old nappy on - then slide the new one underneath, undo old nappy and kind of wait to see if he's going to wee before i change him :lol:

They all do it though - worse with boys

My little lady gets up quite a fountain :roll: :rotfl:

Like the others say have the new nappy underneath the old or ready to go so you can do a super quick switch.

we put a muslin underneth and if we see leland getting a stiffy we know to cover it up :rotfl:

Mega-quick switch needed, have the new one all unfolded and ready to go before you start, or put it under....my OH is ALWAYS getting caught out like this! :rotfl:

clarey said:
Mega-quick switch needed, have the new one all unfolded and ready to go before you start, or put it under....my OH is ALWAYS getting caught out like this! :rotfl:
what she said :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ellie hasnt done it for agggggges... :lol: watch now ill change her nappy and there will be a major diaster!! We use a towel on the changing mat anyway just incase.

it's when the cold air hits. Best thing is to open up the old nappy and peel it back, but hold it there at the ready for a few seconds......to catch the flow.

Once done, slide the new one under right away!

It gets easier as they get older!

Thanks guys - I feel such a div at all this!! I will certainly try the above suggestions, but I have to apply cream as well as Emms has some nappy rash so hard to do it all quickly!!! :shock:

Sam's always doing this. I got soaked earlier this morning i try keeping the old nappy there but he kicks off when you are changing him it's hard to co ordinate everything.

This happens to me as well, Today after being weighed by the health visitor he decided to pee all over the carpet and her scales!!!

i cant keep the odl nappy there either , spec a dirty one or he puts his foot in it and kicks it about :puke:

we always put a towel on the changing mat! and there hav been a few wee'd-on towels! :lol:

happy_chick said:
Ellie hasnt done it for agggggges... :lol: watch now ill change her nappy and there will be a major diaster!! We use a towel on the changing mat anyway just incase.

I take it back, she wee'd everywhere this mornin!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back