weddings

mum&2girls

Reaction score
how much does an aaverage register office wedding cost????

ours was £330 and that was on a sunday at a different location.

my dad paid £100 for the registry office, then about £250 for the night do

we got married at reg office which cost just over £100, then had our do at a golf club which was £1500, but with dress, suits, flowers, shoes and everything else it came to about £3000

Just over £100 and that included extra to have it in "chambers" at Town Hall rather than the small registry office :D

Its a beautiful room where the council meets - all old fashioned - except for the unexpected twist that each seat has a button connected to a voting panel which lights up "In favour", "undecided" or "against" - good job no one pressed one

The registry office for us was £37 iirc, & it was £30 each to the local council for the license, so a total of just under £100 :D

I think it's about £100 - £150 here. I don't know personally, but I was talking to a girl at the mums and baby group who said it was about that much. I was surprised actually, thought it would be a lot more.

£102.50

Our whole day and honeymoon came to £2200

We still had 250 guests, i just budgeted loads

i got married in august and ours was £420 that included the registry office , my dress, 3 bridsmaid dresses, flowers and 3 shirt and ties we had a meal afterwards but everyone bought their own meal, i didnt intend going into debt for it, all the dresses were new in the sales or off ebay

were having a civil ceremony but at a country inn. it think its about 350 to get the registrar to come to the venue. our whole wedding is costing about £1k as we decided against the sit down meal and just having a buffet and party in the private barn. and the cost of dresses and decorations and some fizzy.

My OH and I are going to have a look round the local register office tonight and hopefully book our wedding, its £30 each for notice to get the license and from £65-£105 (rough guess memories crap at mo!) for the registry office depending what day of the week you do it on, we're hoping for a Saturday which is £95 (I think) but the charges go up each year on the 31st of March and I think vary slightly from area to area so best to ring your local office and find out!

yep £100 up here too, got married at south queensferry edinburgh, the registry office is a lovely 16c building with a huge bay window overlooking the forth rail bridge...bargain!

The rest of it inc honeymoon etc came to about £2k, we had a sit down meal for about 25 (those who came to the wedding) and a traditional scottish piss up for a further 60 in the evening.

I can honestly say i had everything i wanted, 3 bridesmaids, a convoy of classic minis as wedding cars, and everyone i loved there.

Ended up sliding down the bannister at the hotel in my wedding dress. Friends helped out with cakes, photography etc and we used our wedding music, first dance last dance, music from the meal and put them onto CD's as our favours...as they were such good tunes! put them in a double CD case with a blank CD at the back for people to burn their photos and send them to us as we could not afford the photographers!! ended up with loads!

Got married on a Friday too, which helped with costs!

we got married August 18th last year and we had to pay £30 each the day we booked it and £43.50 on the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back