weaning

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i have to start weaning braydon at 17 weeks (he is 15 on wed) - as he is taking so much milk and miaking himself ill - the HV sed this should stop it -but i want to give him as much as possible home made meals so was just wondering wot kinda stuff hell have and if any1 has ne recipes - i know i am getting ahead of my slef but i am so excited bout him going on to solids :)

Hi Sarah,
When I started Jessica on solids at about 3.5 months we started with baby rice. I introduced her to breakfasts first and went with the farleys breakfasts till she was old enough for weetabix. I think it would depend on what time if day he is most happy at. That way he isnt stressed and hopefully neither will you be. I started off on jars and tins as I was working and was happy that she was eating. I started to make some of my own meals when she was about 6 months but still relied on the cans and jars for backup. There is a great book I got from the library, 365 recipies for babies and toddlers by Bridgit L Wardley and I found that a help. There hasnt been much she hasnt liked out of that one. Even at 18 months, she still gets the odd jar but mainly eats with us, Ive never seen a baby eat garlic bread like her.

Dont be put off if he doesnt take to the solids at first, mines didnt so I left it a week and tried again.

Give him a few weeks and he will be ordering a steak..

Take care
Laura.

http://www.tinytums.com/index.asp?f=1&b=ie

try this sarah the only things ive made ethan are carrot and broccoli
and pear with banana and pear with apple make sure u cook everything before u freeze it i use alot of tins as ethan loves heinz pasta bol and he cant get enough of creamed porridge lol
i also got him some petite flouis dunno how u speel it lol but he loves them :lol:

I used to make batches of veggies and fruit when I was weaning Mason.

I steamed them seperatley, and then whizzed them in the blender and froze them in ice-cube trays (then bagged them when they were frozen so in the freezer I had all different veggies in bags.)

When it was meal time I could give him a different meal every time,
for example,

Lunch
1 cube leek
2 cubes carrot

Dinner
2 cubes sweet potato
1 cube parsnip

you can do loads of different veggies. Butternut squash was a favorite of Mason's, don't forget stuff like cabbage, brocoli, cauliflower etc. The only one that doesn't really work is mashed potato, but thats easy enough to do every couple of days and keep it in the fridge.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or want more ideas!

GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back