Weaning

D_ball

Reaction score
Henry's now 5 months and we've been weaning him for about a month now, due to really bad reflux and milk allergy :(
I'm just wondering what everyone else's day is like with a 5 month old on food, I feel like I'm making it up as I go along and have no idea if I'm feeding him too much or not enough! I did it all 5 years ago but seem to have forgotten everything!
His day is normally somethin like this
7:00 wake up
7:30 5 oz milk
8:30 banana porridge or similar
11:00 5oz milk
11:30 5 cubes of veg and 3 fruit pud
2:30 4oz milk
3:30 fruity baby rice
4:30 3oz milk (not always)
6:30 7oz
7:00 bed (no night feeds)

I'm worried he's not getting enough milk, not sure why I bother he pukes most of it up :wall:

What does everyone else do?

x

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Sounds like he's getting enough. I think they should be getting around 21-25oz's a day still.
Your day is abit like mine although Charley's reflux is playing up atm so he's refusing solids :(
His day was like this...
7.00am get up
7.30am 7oz bottle
8.15am muesli or porridge
11.30 7oz bottle
1.00pm fruit pot or mashed banana
4.00pm 7oz bottle
5.00pm whatever ive cooked pureed
7.00pm 7oz bottle for bed

Then he has one feed during the night.

He's abit hit and miss with his bottles atm though cos his reflux is bad he's only taking 2-5oz's but normally he has 7!

I had a good day today in regards to reflux, Henry didnt bring that much back up and he had slightly more milk than normal. He seems to have gone off it a bit since introducing the food. I keep trying with a beaker of water or juice but he just screws his face up and spits it out :wall:

I had a good day today in regards to reflux, Henry didnt bring that much back up and he had slightly more milk than normal. He seems to have gone off it a bit since introducing the food. I keep trying with a beaker of water or juice but he just screws his face up and spits it out :wall:

Glad he is doing better today. Zac wasn't any good with his cup for ages, most of it ended up all over him, but he has got the hang of it now, keep trying and he will get it eventually xxx

im weaning (well not me, marley lol) and i LOVE IT. iposted a new thread about what your lo eats in a day, i was interested to see what other babies eat too, so you should check it out, its deffo givingme ideas!
marleys day goes like this(more or less)

5 o 6 am --bottle
get up 8 --- breakfast if hes in a good mood, so baby rice, cereal etc. small portion
12. few cubes puree
2 bottle
5 puree
7 bottle

he also has 2 night feeds so takes about 35oz milk in 24 hours!!!!!

How olds your lo (I'm on tapatalk so can't see tickers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back