weaning help please!

NICCI

Reaction score
hi ladies,

ive started jack on some baby rice nearly two weeks ago, and yesterday i introduced some carrot (which he loved :D )
now i know i can store it in the freezer but how long can i keep it in the fridge??

also when do i introduce meat, and what finger foods can i give him?? (ive given him melon which he liked)

thanks xxx

I keep veg in the fridge for 3 days max. Not sure if you can keep it in longer but i won't.
I think at 6 months they can have things like chicken and turkey.

Finger foods i think they can have toast and Angel loves breadsticks. Banana is a good one too.

Only fruit and veg before 6 months.

I'd store puree carrot and things for up to 48 in the fridge.

I'd not give finger foods yet but wait till as close to or at 6 months onwards.

This is to make sure that the chewing ability is fully there and also the gag reflex. Before 6 months these things can make finger foods difficult. Baby need to be able to bite, take food into mouth, chew and then have it naturally move to the back of the mouth where the gag reflex will kick in if its too big/lumpy etc.

But if you are weaning on purees already I'd make sure to wait for 6 months before finger foods. He's learning to suck food off the spoon with purees and can make the mistake of sucking in finger foods which would not be good. And to give time for the chewing and reflex to be there.

Saying that, we did start BLW a couple of weeks early but I was very careful about what finger foods I gave LO to eat before 6 months. But I didn't give purees. We gave him a loaded spoon with yogurt on or porridge, but did not feed it to him ourselves. And everything else was finger foods or what we were eating (mixed roasted veggies etc). And LO only had veg and fruit before 6 months.

Only fruit and veg before 6 months.

I'd store puree carrot and things for up to 48 in the fridge.

I'd not give finger foods yet but wait till as close to or at 6 months onwards.

This is to make sure that the chewing ability is fully there and also the gag reflex. Before 6 months these things can make finger foods difficult. Baby need to be able to bite, take food into mouth, chew and then have it naturally move to the back of the mouth where the gag reflex will kick in if its too big/lumpy etc.

But if you are weaning on purees already I'd make sure to wait for 6 months before finger foods. He's learning to suck food off the spoon with purees and can make the mistake of sucking in finger foods which would not be good. And to give time for the chewing and reflex to be there.

Saying that, we did start BLW a couple of weeks early but I was very careful about what finger foods I gave LO to eat before 6 months. But I didn't give purees. We gave him a loaded spoon with yogurt on or porridge, but did not feed it to him ourselves. And everything else was finger foods or what we were eating (mixed roasted veggies etc). And LO only had veg and fruit before 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back