We went to Ikea today.....

LaineyG

Reaction score
and turned round and came right back out!

It was their 21% Birthday Sale. We needed some stuff for the new kitchen and bathroom.

We got there at 8:30, I went and put Mhairi into a baby trolley and my mum and dad headed for returns. On the way there, I said to my dad "Why are there cops on bikes in the carpark?"

I waitied inside the front door with Mhairi. Next thing, my dad comes in (without my mum) and says "We're leaving, it's chaos, they've got police patrolling the isles and at the checkout. I'm not putting Mhairi in danger"

:shock: :shock: :shock:

It's Ikea for gawds sake!

Scary!

xxx

:shock: :shock: i wonder what was going on?
you did the right thing turning back though.

I considered going to the one here, but TBH I would rather pay more than have to fight my way around then queue for 4 hours to pay for stuff.

Was it the glasgow or edinburgh one?

I have beent to the edinburgh one in the sales and it is madness!!

The Glasgow one Sarah!

Honestly the police were there for crowd control and people were loading up trucks with everything and anything they could get their hands on!

Utter maddness!

xxx

I considered it too (the Birmingham one though) but Brad said no way :talkhand: !!

I was really pissed off with him but maybe he knows best after all :think:

I wanted to go but OH pointed out that it's 2 and a half hours each way, he had to work this morning and this evening and he also made the rather wise point that at 35 weeks pregnant getting squashed and pushed around Ikea is prob not a good idea...

shame though. I love ikea!

Good job you went home Lainey... otherwise Mhairis bedroom wouldnt of got done! And you woulda felt my wrath :wink:

evemarie8 said:
I considered it too (the Birmingham one though) but Brad said no way :talkhand: !!

I was really p*ssed off with him but maybe he knows best after all :think:

Same here!! I wanted to go and Joe wouldnt take me!
Well it was kinda mutual in the end, i didnt want to take the kids on a sale day so....? lol

Foxxi said:
Good job you went home Lainey... otherwise Mhairis bedroom wouldnt of got done! And you woulda felt my wrath :wink:

Yes Miss *curtsey* *tip cap* *curtsey*

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

xxx

I hate the sales, point blank refuse to go shopping in any store when it's sale time. I hate people all fighting to get £1.00 knocked off a sweater they wouldn't have otherwise bought, the queues at the checkouts etc....not worth the stress or hastle!

Can't believe IKEA had police force there though, that's madness for a sale!!

We went to the Edinburgh one!
We were there for 7am and it wass great - all very civilised!
We got loads of stuff, and saved a bundle!
I was there until 2pm as DH had to do two trips in the car and there was no room for me, but we only live 10 mins away. I went back in for a second round. ANd we went back at night hoping the collection queue might have gone down but we still had to wait just over an hour.. but i thought that was ok considering how busy it was!!
No police either that i could see!!

we went too, very busy but we knew exactly what we wanted so went in, headed for it and tried to get out asap.
I woudlnt call it civilised, you couldnt have left the trolley as people were emptying them and going off, people also didnt give a shit about the pregnant women who were around, and kids were pushing trolleys in ot legs, couples having arguements...
BUT i saved £45 and got my new bed, so i was happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back