Update

Charlotte & Emily

Reaction score
Hiya ladies
hope you are all well
just giving you an update on my situation...

well i went on monday and as soon as i got all my stuff in i just cried, i hate it... there are too many rules too!!!!
i cried all day monday and all night and all day tuesday
i also got told ill b there for about 8months :shock:

so i told my mum and she told me i could go back home
im not ready to move out
i came home, put emilys cot in my bedroom because i would have to start sleeping there
but as expected my sister (shes 21 i share a room with her) stormed out
my dad was fine with me coming home
anyway my sister came back and had a word with my dad and my dad said i cant come back!!!!!!!
my mum stuck up for me and we both went back to the hostel, she went home at 10pm because thats when visitors have to go

so im back there now
i really hate it
but have no where to go
i have officially been kicked out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

im looking into more options now as i cant stay there for 8 months!

xxxx

Why is your sister acting like that? :shock:

Can your mum not talk your dad round, its not fair that you should stay somewhere you hate when you could be at home with them :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would have thought u'd be prority having a babay an all that
mind u i thought i may have 2 join the council list so when i was preg i filled out a form and got a letter back saying sorry u have no points

i was even more gutted as if ur black/asain etc u automacially get 2 points or something
all those fricking kosovans get places

Becks&Riley said:
I would have thought u'd be prority having a babay an all that
mind u i thought i may have 2 join the council list so when i was preg i filled out a form and got a letter back saying sorry u have no points

i was even more gutted as if ur black/asain etc u automacially get 2 points or something

how did you get your house?
it takes years to get a council house here :shock:

I had to wait 8 months for my flat.

I dont know your situation hun but I really hope you get sorted soon.

When can you start claimin income support?
Cos as soon as you can get that then you wil get housing benefit and get housed that way thats the way i did it :D

Hope your alrite hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

OMG how selfish is your sister!
cant you have a word with her and tell her how unhappy you are at the hostel. and say that you would be so much happier at your parents.
Even if it meant she wasnt getting it her own way for a while isnt she willing to sarafice that to see her little sister and niece safe and happy until you can get a flat of your own.

my maternity allowance finshes on 14th july
so then i will claim income support

there is no way i can get a private rented house because noone around here takes housing benefit!

no one understands how much i HATE it

Have you asked everyone? even estate agents? How about movin to blackpool?

I can't think of anything else :hug: :hug: :hug:

Unless you come live with me and Keeley :lol:

I still can't belive your sister.. :evil:
she mite come round and your dad mite let you move back in

I feel like there should be an answer but I can't think of one :?

I'll keep thinking though, I'm usually good at this sort of thing..

Can't you move out of the area? Your sister should be the one leaving, FFS thats their grand daughter - sorry but its outta orda

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time of it. I think if you were back at home they would be less likely to give you a flat as they would see you as less of a priority.
If the hostel is really bad maybe you should try talking to your sister and explaining how you feel.
Perhaps at 21 she should be moving out of your parents if she doesn't like having you and Emily there. It would be a lot easier for her without a baby to look after.
I hope it works out ok :hug:

Have you spoken to the C.A.B or people like that? There may be an alternative?

I don't know how housing benefit works, but if it goes into your account can't you just pay like normal money? If so, you could have a look on flatshare sites, www.easyroommate.com or www.spareroom.co.uk

They are student type people who are generally more easy going than estate agents etc, more likely to understand your situation as long as you can pay somehow.

Sorry if that's no use, I don't really know how it all works with benefits and stuff.

Thinking of you though as I know it's not a nice time for you. I was stuck in a bad situation where I had nowhere to go as soon as I turned 16, and mine didn't go so well :( so hugs :hug: x

Charlotte & Emily said:
[quote="Becks&Riley":37ua380p]I would have thought u'd be prority having a babay an all that

it takes years to get a council house here :shock:[/quote:37ua380p]There was no chance of me getting one seeing as i didnt even get 1 point.. so my mum n dad bought me a flat but housing benefit pay them £500 a month for me

Becks&Riley said:
[quote="Charlotte & Emily":3s2synn4][quote="Becks&Riley":3s2synn4]I would have thought u'd be prority having a babay an all that

it takes years to get a council house here :shock:[/quote:3s2synn4]There was no chance of me getting one seeing as i didnt even get 1 point.. so my mum n dad bought me a flat but housing benefit pay them £500 a month for me[/quote:3s2synn4]

How do they do that?

I was told that the housing benefit people wouldn't pay family :?

hmm they do lol cos on my form it said what is the relation ship 2 the landlord 2 u

and obvz my mum has same surname haha

Just wondering, is it possible that they're bluffing about it taking 8 months in the hope that you'll go home and not be their problem anymore?
All the people I've known who've been given council flats have gotten them because their parents have written a letter to the council saying that they are being chucked out. I guess it depends on where you live and the demand in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back