We have FINALLY agreed on a name!

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Hoo sodding ray! At 38 weeks we've finally agreed on a name we both like - Blake. This is a very momentous occasion and I shall be learning from my mistakes and not mentioning it again to him until baby arrives and we'll see if it suits. Also not mentioning it to any family or friends so if you're a Facebook friend don't let on! Now let's try settle on a girls name!

oo i have mention blake. well done for getting one you agree on. think it will take me about the same time to get us agreeing. xx

Its been a nightmare.

Every time we've been in the car I wiggle my finger over the radio til he says 'stop' then whatever song it lands on I wikipedia the artist/band for their name, their kids/OH names. We've been doing it on film credits too. It's been quite funny actually but I was getting mad because he didn't like one single name. Then we were watching the inbetweeners for the first time the other night and the guy who plays Neil is called Blake. I said "Blake Ray do you like that?" whilst not really listening for an answer and continuing to scan names on the credits. Nearly fell off my seat when he said "Blake Ray... Blake Ray... Blake... Yeah I like that!"

aww yey... i really like blake,

congratulations for finally gettin a name!!

xxx

Brilliant, Blake is a lovely name

Thanks girls! I like it. Husband brought it up last night that he still likes it...hurry up baby before he changes his mind!

Now starting to wonder whether I like it as a girl's name too... Hmmm or maybe I am just being a lazy cow?!

It's a bit butch for a girl in my opinion, (Any one else think of Blake Carrington?)

I would go with Blaise for a girl if you like Blake

Who's Blake Carrington?

My old boss (male) was called Blaise so that's a definite no no! Couldn't stand him!

Ahh, I think I might be showing my age here, he was the lead man on Dynasty (80's show starring Joan Collins etc).

I noticed your name on here and thought what about Rai for a girl?

How about Blythe? Sounds similar and means happy and carefree

Last edited:
The only thing I remember about Dynasty was the intro and the music. Was it filmed from the air going over fields? I have a vague recollection of me and my sister running round the lounge pretending to be horses to the theme tune and my Dad getting very annoyed because he loved the show and never missed an episode. We used to get banished to our room so he could watch it.

As for Rai, my 17 yr old idiot darling sister says she'll give us all her savings if we call it Ray/Rai boy or girl. Or same applies if we call it Hugh, manta, gamma, Delta, X, Sting or her latest is 'please call it Hip Hip Hoo'!

I like female Blake, I think of the young actress Blake Lively (Gossip Girl).

Lxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back