• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

we are home- *UPDATE 2 PAGE 1*

fran_23

Reaction score
Update 2 friday 13.35

Home again...he has his anesthetic and they couldn't find the sticker they think it has dissolved/been swallowed! well great at least i know its gone and hes ok, just wish they had done this sooner as i wouldn't feel like he went through all that for nothing. Especially as he went a bit crazy when he came round, he was trying to climb out of the cot and was hitting out and crying for 20 mins! and it took him an hour to calm down properly :( If they didn't leave him for 5 days this would never have happened!

Update- wednesday 10.44

Hi i'm back and sooo p*ed off, they put the "magic cream" on Haydens hands and weighed him, took his temp etc and said we had to wait 30 mins for the cream to work and they would be back to take him down..
45 mins later the nurse returned to apologise and say that they were cancelling it as there was no "theatre space"
and they will do it friday. As you can imagine i am fuming i had such a go at them that he has already been left 2 days with it up there and i had to drag him up there for 7am he was all ready and then they cancel it!!! ugh i am very upset and angry that my son now has to wait another 2 days when i am not sleeping a wink because i don't know if it will dislodge and choke him in his sleep or something perhaps i am a dramatic paranoid first time mum but hes my little man and i am worried about him. :cry: :cry:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just updated- he has to have it out under anesthetic wednesday morning!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi girls i've put this here so anyone up is more likely to see it! i posted earlier that Hayden has something up his nose and they told me to take him back tomorrow to get it out..but hes woken up crying and as he breathes he is making a grunting sound...he thinks its funny because he sounds like a pig so hes not in major distress but i'm really scared its affecting his breathing...and he also keeps coughing!! should i haul him back to A&E and make them get it out or let him sleep with me so i can keep an eye on him and take him tomorrow?? help...

I would have told them to take it out there and then?! Who told you to wait until tomorrow? :shock:
What if it dislodged while he is sleeping and went to the back of his throat and choked him?! Sorry dont want to scare you but i cant believe they told you to wait till tomorrow to remove it!!

well they tried to but couldnt and they told me the ear nose and throat ppl would have to do it tomorrow i asled about it going into his airways and they said it was unlikely as it was very lodged in also its a sticker..and its stuck on the inside IYKWIM...i was a bit peed off that they sent me home too and now i am very worried...i rang NHS direct earlier and they made me feel silly saying i should just take him to A&E if i am worried, so now i don't really feel like ringing them again!

Yeah they can be useful like that at times can NHS Direct :?

If you think in anyway that it may move or stop him breathing i would take him to A and E.

yeah i'm quite worried now because i can hear his breathing is laboured but its like when you have a blocked nose which he has so i hope i'm not overreacting.

hun if you have any doubts at all take him down to a&e always best to be on the safe side

and dont budge until they see you

hope your ok :hug: :hug:

I phoned NHS direct and they tried to fob me off but he was getting quite distressed so i demanded they send a doctor out and they could hear him over the phone so they did. He was fine the sticker is still in his nose but it irritated the lining of his nose making it swell and have discharge :-( he was finding it hard to breathe but his oxygen levels were near 100% so they said hes fine to go in today and have it removed at 2.30 as planned. But better safe than sorry so i am pleased i called them out..it could have gone into his airway!!

I hope everything went well getting the sticker out of his nose :)

I'm back-they couldnt get it out :-( its gone further up so they have to take it out under anesthetic and the earliest they could fit him in is wednesday morning! I was a bit annoyed because its gone further up overnight and what if it moves more and chokes him? they are a pain in the neck making us wait till then. They dont think it will move anymore apparently!!

ive got no words of advise, but i just wanted to wish the poor little lad well. I hope it isn't causing him too much discomfort.

:hug:

thank you hun :hug: :hug: he seems fine today! he certainly hasn't lost his appetite anyway! hes just eaten loads for tea!!

Aww poor little chap :( I hope it doesnt go any further up, At least he seems ok with it though, you will just have to keep an eye on it and if it becomes an emergency call for an ambulance to come out.

:hug:s for you.

Yeah just wish me luck basically- he wasn very fun last time he woke up from anesthetic, hoping he is fine tommorow as it should just be a quick one to get the darn cursed sticker out from his hooter :)

awww good luck lil man , cant believe his needs annestic lmao silly monkey !

good luck fran & hayden... hope it goes well hon xxx

thank you girls :hug: :hug: :hug: let you know how it was when i get home!

Ooh only just seen this. I hope it all goes well tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back