Waterbirth?>

I had one - it was fantastic. REALLY helped for pain relief - till about 45 mins towards the end when I topped up with a bit of gas and air. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I am quite a 'watery' person and found it soothing just to float in between contractions. :D

I'm hoping too yes :D i love water and find it soothing so am really hoping i can use the pool when my time comes :)

I really want one this tie but have been told im too high risk so chances are they wont allow it :evil:

I'm hoping the birthing pool room is free when I go into labour.

Yes :wave:

I have a birthing pool sitting in my lounge right now LOL

I will post a picture of it later.

I'm thinking about asking if the pools free when I go to the hospital. I'll see how I feel at the time.

I'd like one but it all depends on what my consultant says when I see her at 35 weeks. I had an emergency section last time and based on that I've to go and discuss my options and risks etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed tho!

I really wanted one, but when I asked the midwife, she told me that the hospital I chose don't have a birthing pool :evil: She told me I could change to another PCT locally to me, but it would mean messing about with changes and the hospital is much further away and on a road that is covered with speed cameras that would be useless if I needed to get there in a hurry without popping in the car!
I couldn't possibly have a home birth either coz it's a small flat, and from the main hallway you can hear everything, and I don't really wanna scream down the whole house and all my neighbours hearing me!! :lol:

With regards to emergency c-sections and high risk pregnancies...

I am in both them categories and despite being told by the consultant the other day that they would like me under constant monitoring incase my scar splits open or my uterus ruptures, i actually said "nah yer ok thanks :)" they can't force us to have this monitoring and in my case it's pure paranoid wariness on their parts...i know the risks, i know the statistics and i have made an informed decision and i just really hope the birthing pool is free ;) even if its not or i end up in the consultant led unit and not the midwife unit, i'm buggered if they are gonna ave me strapped down :shakehead:

Just be firm girls.. if there is no other reason other than a degree of probablity of something happening that requires constant monitoring then tell them you want to keep ya options open ;)

Some doppler units can be used under water for monitoring baby heart beat anyways :)

Fly said:
With regards to emergency c-sections and high risk pregnancies...

I am in both them categories and despite being told by the consultant the other day that they would like me under constant monitoring incase my scar splits open or my uterus ruptures, i actually said "nah yer ok thanks :)" they can't force us to have this monitoring and in my case it's pure paranoid wariness on their parts...i know the risks, i know the statistics and i have made an informed decision and i just really hope the birthing pool is free ;) even if its not or i end up in the consultant led unit and not the midwife unit, i'm buggered if they are gonna ave me strapped down :shakehead:

Just be firm girls.. if there is no other reason other than a degree of probablity of something happening that requires constant monitoring then tell them you want to keep ya options open ;)

Some doppler units can be used under water for monitoring baby heart beat anyways :)

Thats a really good point and wd on being so adament with them hon, also you're in the hospital anyway so if they REALLLLLLLLLLY have to they can transfer you right>?

Im extremly keen to do the whole water thing that along with hot water bottles have help[ed me somuch with my pregnancyin the early stages and I guess i feel very free, its funny because when i was younger i was always in water, swimming or having bath after bath :oops:

I also want to pull my baby up myself, that would really be the cherry on the cake for me... :D

my problem isnt the birth but after as apparently these is more risk of heomorage and prolapse with having so many.

I'm hoping for a home birth with a pool. I've not bought it yet I'm waiting until I know everything is ok at about 34 - 36 weeks. if everything is still fine at that time then I'm going to get a pool.

I've always wanted a pool right from the word go but my hospital only has one so you have to take a chance that it's free when you go into labour.....if it's being used then tough luck!! that's partly why we've opted for a home birth

:hug:

Fly said:

Yep that's going to be my attitude. If they are really worried then fair enough I'll follow their lead but I want to play it all by ear and take each decision as it comes. I had what they call a "de-brief" about my section and the consultant said there was nothing to suggest any underlying problems but it really is a wait and see game!

hennaly said:
my problem isnt the birth but after as apparently these is more risk of heomorage and prolapse with having so many.

How many do you have?

hennaly said:
full on respect to you lady - my friend is same as you (on number 7) and they're havin her into the big hospital for same reasons... :hug: xxxx

i thought i wanted a water birth with my last one (as it was i wasn't allowed in the birthing pool as i had to be monitored constantly because Oliver was diagnosed with IUGR (stopped growing) and they wernt sure if a natural delivery would be too much for him.

i was allowed to labour early on iin the bath, but tbh, i just didnt feel comfortable at all. i was much happier when i got out of the bath and back onto dry land!!!

this time, i dont even think i'll try the bath, i'll just stick to walking round and the bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back