Water

Robyner

Reaction score
Do you give your baby water to drink as well as their feed?

Yeah!

Noah has between 2/3oz everyday.

Hes had water since he was about a week old.
Hes now 9wks xx

Thanks Hun. It's just that I expressed for six weeks and was told not to give water by my consultant. He said she didn't need it. I never thought about it again after switching to formula. Now I'm panicking that I should be giving water :(

Its not a huge issue if u do or not. But they say formula babies do and BF dnt.
Hen we had all that hot weather he was having up to 4oz a day bless him! So thirsty!

But yeh alot assume they are hungry but they are just after a lil sip of water between feeds :) xx

Thanks Hun, I was expressing during the hot weather we had so I feel better about that but maybe will start with water now. it's boiled and cooled down naturally I presume?

Yeh i just put it in his little 5oz TT bottle and leave it on the side with the lid on.
Itll stay Sterilsed for 24hrs aswell hun ( probs no that anyway haha ) xx

No probs huni. Hope ur enjoying ur baba :) xx

only need water if baby is constipated otherwise formula should be enough.

Last edited:
Water just fills the baby up and reduces the amount of formula they take. There is enough water in the made up formula. Water for constipation is advised by mw's and nhs only advise it if there is hot weather.

Each to there own.

I give Noah water everyday and its never effected his feeds. He loves water.
My MW,HV & GP all advised to.. Strange how some say one thing and some advise another

I was told not to give waster as they don't need it until they are 6 months old! They say giving water affects their ability to absorb it properly in later life. I ff only & he's obviously getting a lot of water with his formula x

Hv told me to give my little one water and he is ff. midwife had previously said not to. He drinks an oz a day, he also has some after his last bottle before bed I find this helps with congestion and also prevents the milk from settling in his throat, my hp recommended me to do this to.

Not sure why hvs & mws are suggesting diff things. Its not harmful what so ever!! Why would water do damage lmaoo!!??

It doesnt effect my lo at all having water!? He drinks 6/7 6oz bottles of formula a day and about 2/3 oz of water throughout the day.

If u read anywhere online (not american) it states water is perfectly normal and healthy for babies to drink!

Cool boiled if cause!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back