Water retention

Hazel

Reaction score
I am huge everywhere. I've got pooling around my ankles and they ache. My hands are hurt and none of my trousers fit as I'm swollen everywhere. I'm having to wear my DHs size 10 flip flops and I'm usually a 7 :( .

Anyone know how to get rid of water retention or ease it a little bit? It gets a bit better if I put my feet up but as soon as I stand again it just goes back to bloated. Don't think the heat is helping either.

I think fluid retention can come about because of dehydration. I find my swollen ankles often go down if I drink loads.

Wow size 7 to size 10 - that is insane :hug:

I had bad water retention last time and TBH never found a cure (and my fingers never went back fully).Having your feet up is the best thing, and a soak in the bath can help, and as Mildly says drinking plenty. These will all give some temporary relief.
It does go down pretty quickly after the birth though - I was weeing for Engalnd the night Charlotte was born!

I had really bad swollen feet and ankles a couple of weeks ago and I found that drinking 2-3 litres of water per day has helped bring it down better than trying to put my feet up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back