Washable nappies

Kylie1007

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me in simple terms (not shop-speak!) about washable nappies please! I'm interested in using them but having had no experience of babies whatsoever I'd like to know how effective they are, whether they are easy to wash etc. They seem like expensive to start off with but is it worth the "investment". Thanks!!!

i love my cloth nappies! so much so i became a nappy rep.

Ok they can be pricey to start off with yes which is the downside, however they do save you a fortune in the long run.

* The basic is the terries that your mum may have used (my mum used them on me :lol: ) which are a big square and come in a few sizes and materials. ( a lot easier to use than most folks think)

* Then you have the prefold which is a rectangle and is just folded into 3 and set into a wrap (the water proof cover used for most nappies).

* You can get nice easy fitted ones to use too. Most have aplix (a softer version of velcro) to fasten them. These still need a wrap. (most popular IMO)

* Pocket and stuffable nappies are like an all in one, but you put the absorbant filling of your choice in the middle and can take it out for easier drying. (i love these)

* All in ones are just like disposables in that you dont need to put anything together etc etc you just put them on (with a liner to catch any poo). They do take longer to dry though.

-----------

ok so thats the nappies, most people also use liners on the nappies to catch the poo and help keep their baby feeling dry. You can get disposable ones which you just flush, or fleece ones which you wash and reuse :)

the basics you need to go with your nappies are a bucket and net to keep them in (trust me you want the net lol, it stops you having to handle the nappies to put them in the wash). and a wet nappy bag for when you are out.

Washing is easy, you shove the nappy net in the machine, put in your washing powder (NO FABRIC SOFTNER!!!!) and hit go :D

if you want to talk anything through that you dont understand feel free to ask. Or if you want to have a play with some nappies, just let me know where you live and ill check if there are any advisors in your area that could come show you some (nappy demos are free with no obligation to buy, although yes we do sell the nappies we show at the RRP if you decide you want any :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back