• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was just told Ive put on weight...EVERYWHERE :(

angelmma

Reaction score
Was chatting to a girl in work and she was saying about a family member being pregnant too and having a bump, and I said 'Yeah Im massive, but my mates have said Im just bump' to which she replied 'No youve put it on on your face and everything!' Thanks!!! Like as if my mum comparing my thighs to a sumo wrestler wasnt enough now Ive just been made to feel worse :( sorry for the rant xxx

How very insensitive of her!! Cheeky mare! Regardless of whether you have or not, that was rude for her to say! I don't know how you've been with fluid retention, but if you have filled out in other places, it could just be fluid!

My mum thinks I have fluid retention, as she said she notices Im the same way she was when pregnant with me. Although Im always peeing and I thought when you had fluid retention you didnt pee as much? xxx

I don't know about the peeing, i have lots of fluid retention and i don't pee much, but that not needing the loo isn't unusual for me. Its quite possibly that you do have it though. Whenever my doctor has checked, he's poked somewhere like my foot and if the pressure point doesn't spring back instantly and takes a few seconds, then i have fluid stored there

People are so insensitive at times aren't they. You should never comment on a womans size, let alone a pregnant woman.

I was musing about this yesterday after I'd been to the midwife and been told my bump was measuring small. My mum decided that was a good time to tell me I'd put weight on all over, especially accross my back. How lovely, I now have a fat body, a bump that's too small and a very fat back. Wow, I feel so good about myself now mum.

Last edited:
Urgh! Why do people do that?! I've been told all sorts about me since I've been pg!!

Oooow aren't you carrying neat, Oooow your carrying all round aren't you?! Ooow you must be having a girl as you've piled it on everywhere! Aaaaw don't worry you'll lose the excess after babies born!!!

Cheeky wenches ha! Like I don't realise my arse and chin(s) have grown.....they ARE attached to me afterall!!! Do people think I don't realise?!? Grrrrr!

Rant over lol! Ignore em hun :) xx

I now have a fat body, a bump that's too small and a very fat back.

A little bit off course but kind of in line... when my friend was getting measured for her bridesmaids dress for my wedding, the seamstress said "well, you will be losing weight off your back before the wedding anyway".
Eh? Was the most random thing to say!

Thanks girls, yeah its just I know myself Ive put on weight (not just baby) as I usually exercise all the time, but Ive been eating non stop and until recently wasnt exercising. Then when I started exercising again, I was told by people - who dont have children, that I shouldnt exercise!! Like Ive checked with the doctor and been reassured of the stuff I wanna do, and OH bought me a heart rate monitior sports watch so I can make sure my heart rate doesnt go over 144. My friends are always commenting on my size and even had a friend that said me and OH should not be DTD if we wanna keep the baby as DTD can cause a misscarriage!! Ive already checked everything with the doctor and midwife but everyone always feels the need to comment when your pregnant :( xxx

You should say to her 'so I'm pregnant, what's your excuse!'

God people r so rude, I wouldn't dream of saying anything! Cheeky aren't they!

everyone always feels the need to comment when your pregnant :( xxx

Comment and touch! There's this woman at work who keeps patting my tummy every time she sees me. She's really nice so I smile and bear it, but I am not a very touchy-feely person and inside it kind of makes me cringe. I know there's a baby in there now, and I love my bump to bits, but I still find it completely weird having ramdom people touch my belly...

Last edited:
Ditto, it's like yoru bump is public property and not part of you any more. Getting fed up of being touched by random people.................

btw - what's DTD?

Correct at doing the deed ;)

I can't believe how rude people are! Someone made a comment about my weight yesterday and I asked whether the whole f-in office thought I had no feelings now I'm pregnant. Was pretty much laughed off :roll:

xx

Ah I get it now (I should beso lucky to DTD!!!!!)

People are just so rude aren't they. Maybe I'll touch someone somewhere next time they do it to me - see how they like it (I'll probably be up in court tho - ha ha ha ha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back