She said I'd put weight on my arse!

Bella2

Reaction score
Hey girls just wanted a rant really...went to my salsa class the other night, hadn't been for a few weeks so was catching up with people when they started discussing my bump. One of the ladies turned round and said "Yes you've put the weight on on round here (gestering to my waist/hips) and on your bum haven't you?" Felt a bit upset at that, I didn't think I'd put much weight on anywhere else apart from bump and I'd only complimented her at the start of the night saying how fantastic she was looking (she has just lost a stone in weight). Went home and said to OH "Has my arse got fat?" to which he hastily replied "Noo it looks fine" (I'm pretty sure though he wouldn't dare say otherwise lol!)

It's silly really - think pregnancy hormones are just making me over sensitive but I would never say that to a pregnant woman even if I thought it! :mad:

You're not being over sensitive at all hun. She's a cheeky cow to say that to you!!!!! Why would you feel the need to say that to someone??!!! Some people! What did you say when she said that? xxx

Last edited:
Omfg there is just no need for that at all, I don't understand why people feel the need to say things like this, it's just rude!!!

Hope you ok hun :hugs:

xxxx

I was a bit gobsmacked to be honest! I just said "Oh right" then another woman who was stood with us must have picked up on the awkardness as she changed the subject. I don't think she meant to be nasty when she said it, I think she's just very tactless, when I mentioned it to my mum she said "well perhaps it's because they're all used to you being so tiny (I'm 5ft and normally size 8) but you look lovely, don't take any notice of her"

I think even when we don't put weight on anywhere else apart from bump it kind of makes you look bigger, my bum looks bigger but I think it's cos my back is starting to arch (ive been measuring to make sure lol). She was very tactless though, us pregnant women are very sensitive about weight so I'd never mention anything other than their lovely bump to a pregnant women!

ignore her bella, it does seem that other people see pregnancy as a free card to state their opinions! xx

ignore her! ur mum is right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back