putting on weight

babypinkie

Reaction score
does anyone know a ball park figure of how much weight your ment to put on in pregnancy, i have a massive bump im 21 weeks but ive only put on 7 lb is thins normal :?

They say anything from 2-4 stone with most averaging in the 2-3 area. I'm 22 weeks and have gained about a stone also - don't weigh myself regularly it's scary!! :shock: The bulk of your weight will appear rather rapidly from around 24-26 weeks so don't panic yet, 7lbs is perfectly normal! xx

7lbs at this stage is about normal. I read this at the beginning of my pregnancy:-

There is an inevitable weight gain. This should be about 2-1 kg (1-2 lbs) in the first ten weeks, 3-5 kg (6-10 lbs) by week 20 with about ½ kg (1 lb) a week after that to the end of pregnancy: a total weight gain of about 13 kg (28 lbs) over the nine months.

With my first I put on 4 stone! I would not recommend that to anyone as it was extremely hard to shift after the baby was born and probably went some way to causing the problems I had at the end of the pregnancy. :(

This time around I've been careful not to overeat. I've gained about 9lbs so far.

:hug:

I've put on about 7lbs but i've started over eating now, think i need to slow down a bit before i ballon! I'm still very tired and i tend to eat if i think my blood sugar is low. Think healthy snacks!

hmm, I've put on 16lbs so far, quite a lot really but I have eaten a lot of ice cream. :D
I'm hoping that with the warm weather arriving (soon?) and a new enthusiasm for swimming I'll be a bit more active and stop piling it on quite so much. I'll be annoyed at myself when I have to try and get it all off, but I'd hate to waste my time worrying about it too much now, we already have so many other things to worry about!

I have put on about 6 lb so far. I am eating like a horse though so think it is going to catch up with me eventually!

ive put weight on but dunno how much lol

its all baby tho for me :)

so far I'm happy to say I haven't put on any weight! thats what scales say anyway. I seem to have lost weight all over my body and just got this bump left.. sure it won't last to long though! :pray:

ive only put on just over a stone and im over due!!!

I don't have scales at home so no idea how much weight I've put on. I've got MW appointment on 26th so I'll ask her to weigh me then

I have only put on about half a stone so far, but seem to have lost fat from around my body and gained a bump.

Hi

At 20 weeks i had gained 4 pounds and at 24 i gained 7 pounds So 11 pounds total for 24 weeks but i think it goes in spurts where you gain little then alot. Average is 15-45 pounds i think (full term)

Katrina

you're meant to gain no more than 21 puond or something like that i think. But fook that! i say eat what you want when you want when your preggas. you lose it after :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back