Was it the babies heartbeat? or mine?

gemmap27

Reaction score
Hmmm I raced home at lunch so that I could play with my new doppler that come this morning.
After about 5 minutes of trying to find anything - I found a heartbeat very low down on my right side. I tried to feel my pulse and I think the beat I found is faster than my own - but it was very quiet and made a different noise to what I was expecting. Am I even looking the right place? I dont know why I assumed it would be in the middle and higher up?
Cant wait to get home to try again....

you can hear 2 pulses through your doppler. 1 will be about the same rate as your own heartbeat - that's the placenta. then the other will be somewhere between 140-165 beats per minute, that's the baby :D baby usually sounds like a steam train or galloping horses.

x

You should actually hear your own pulse anyway as you have pulses all over your body. The placenta, as far as I am aware, should be the one making a whooshing sound. It sounds like the wind. Your pulse should be easy to determine as you should feel your own heart beating or be able to match it with the pulse in your neck at the same time. Baby's HB will be around 2 x as fast as yours. :D

At first I found it very low down on the left had side. So you are in the right place! I never thought mine sounded like horses or a train - just like a fast heartbeat :lol:

i counted it thats how i knew , my hr was 88 bpm , babies was 148 bpm !

oh i thought i had found babies heart beat... but was under BPM maybe it was my pulse then :shock:

I will have to play a bit more then :rotfl:

paradysso, it may take a few minutes but persevere, you'll find it eventually. Try riiiiight down low basically on your pubic bone and just go very slowly from left to right til you hear your baby :D

Thanks!
Gonna have another go when I get home! but they only gave me a small tube of gel - so I have ordered some more off ebay!

i was looking for about half an hour hahaha its was really low down next to bone???

i will try again after dinner and update

they say the placenta is like a 'whoosing' sound whereas your baby will sound like a horse running or a train

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back