Wanadoo or Wanapoo!!!

Rooander

Reaction score
Hi gals,

Well Ive not been around for a while as Wanadoo decided to try and upgrade my connection speed but failed to tell me they were trying it. Which in turn caused my internet to go boobs up. Apparentlywhen an upgrade fails you lose your connection for about 2 weeks. So thats me.
Now Im on old Dial Up and boy have we been spoiledwith broadband. Id forgotton how slow it is. My hubby says its like going from a playstation back to a commodore 64, you know what men are like, say it how it is.
Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else has had trouble with Wanadoo or as I call them now WanaPOO!!!
Ive now got to wait at least 2 weeks till I can join another company to get broadband.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i work for bt wholesale,
im an adviser for the service providers eg, wanadoo AOL ect

and out of them all wanadoo and tiscali drive me nuts wanadoo dont care about their customers, and tiscali dont speak english!

if wanadoo wanted they would call my office and raise a complaint and it would be sorted out asap but they are sooo lazy

I guess we have just been lucky with wanadoo, they have always been great with us qand when OH wanted to upgrade our broadband to a wireless modem they got it too us ASAP and sorted out all our probs. IOts bad they have treated you like that, hope you get it sorted soon x

Do you know was on the phone to wanaPOO for over 3 hours in 12 phonecalls. I found out I was calling INDIA and they didnt understand me and I didnt understand them. I finally got to speak to someone who spoke English but by this time I just wanted to cancel. I have worked out though if you phone them after 6pm your calls get transferred india thats how their call centre is 24 hrs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nightmare, am thinking of joining BT broadband now as Im on dial up with them at the moment. Any ideas how good they are?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm with Telewest, they are fab. Just upped us from 512k to 2mb for free :D I'd go mental if I lost my net for 2 weeks, literally!!

Rosieroo, I am going nuts. Its just not the same and roll on 2 weeks.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im with BT and i have had a few probs with them they too are mostly based in india.

i think the small companies are the better ones as they look after their customers where as BT ect get lazy

I'm with Kingston Communications and they are fab, but I think they are just for Hull and the surrounding area :)

What companies do you recommend?
Does anyone have a good company?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i was with aol and had an absolute nightmare with them and im still havin problems with them now and havent been with them since december :wall:
im now with onetel and havent had that many problems *runs to touch wood before summat goes wrong* :lol:

I was with Wanadoo, OMG customer service is not in their vocabulary is it! I had the same problems as you and in the end i cancelled and migrated to Toucan. I highly recommend them, their call centre is in the UK, they sorted out a small problem we had when we first got it within 24 hours and are generally nicer to deal with.

Cor blimey, don't get me started & don't touch Tiscali with someone else's barge pole! We had soooooooooooooooo many problems with thwm I had a serious sense of humour failure & like Dionne said they don't speak english, makes me laugh that you know you're calling India & speaking to a local and they're called John! :lol:

In short, Tiscali had our telephone line & number connected to someone in Durham about 300 miles north of us so wouldn't & couldn't connect us & no other provider could connect us becasue of this. It took about 4 months to get it sorted & to finally convince them we were not called Mr Hunter! could've screamed on many occasion.
We also found the connection with them was crap & more often than not could not access our emails.

We're now with BT & haven't had any major problems.

I'm with Demon - UK support last time I phoned. Can't fault them.

I used to be with Wannadoo (4 years with them) but they decided to introduce monthly bandwidth limits without letting us know. We use a LOT of bandwidth in our house, and used up our whole month in 3 days, so they shut us down for the rest of the month. Then they wouldn't let us move to someone else till the end of the month. Then they tried telling us we couldn't move until the one year contract was up - we'd been on the same contract for 3 years with them, but their 2Mb upgrade had restarted the contract. I had to go on 4p a minute dialup whilst it got sorted out - we're still paying the bill. I hope it wasn't you I spoke to when I called Dionne, I was a bit rude :oops: .

A lot of my clients resort to me when they can't get any sense out of the call centres. AOL are by far the worst.

Im with tiscali and think its great so far *touchwood* my mom has also been with them for a few years now and recommends it...i was with AOL arrrghhh!!! is all i can say,,,absolutly shit...!!!!!!

anyone use talk talk, carphone warehouse, their broadband is free

Well after another couple of days not being able to connect to the internet Im back on but for how long Ive no idea. Today I signed up to Tesco broadband but thats going to take another 2 weeks till it gets connected.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would shrivle up and die wih no net, you have my sympathy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back