Browser Corrupted?

BabyLove

Reaction score
My Sister Has Been Trying To Get Her Internet Working For The Last Few Days But Tiscali Have Been Messing Around So She Hasnt Been Able To Get Anywhere. Today They Finally Phoned Back and Said The Error On They're Side Had Been Fixed & The Connection Is Fine But That The Problem Is Now The Actual PC. They Said That The "Browser Is Corrupted" and To Contact The Makers Of The Pc.

Does Anyone Know What It Means and Have a Suggestion To Help? I Gave Her The Pc 2 Weeks Ago & It Was Working Perfectly Fine.

I had problems with Tiscali too and they told me the problem was with my laptop too but there was nothing wrong with my laptop :roll: I'm no longer with Tiscali :wink:

The Browser is the software used to browse the internet - so for most people thats Internet Explorer. I guess she could try reinstalling it but it does seem like an odd thing for Tiscali to say...and to contact the makers of the PC - very odd when its apparently a software issue!

If She Re-Installs Windows XP Will That Fix The Browser Or Is That a Different Thing Alltogether?

She Doesnt Have Any Driver Cd's To Re-Install Them, Just Windows XP

get her to download firefox. it's another internet browser (i use it) which is quicker and actually more user friendly than internet explorer. it's a free download, doesn't do anything dodgy to your computer at all, and works in just the same way as internet explorer but the buttons look slightly different thats all.

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

if the internet still doesn't work for her, get her to call back and say no way are both browsers corrupted, and tiscali, get your asses sorted out. i have found tiscalis customer service to be appaling by the way.

hope that helps. if it works for her, she can continue to use firefox as her internet browser and try and see a computer/technical person to check out her internet explorer. id try and help but without her computer in front of me i wouldnt really know where to start!

god how thick am i shes not going to be able to download firefox as she cant get online.

see if she can pop into woolworths/hmv/electrical store and pick up one of those 30 day free trial internet discs and then either use that for a bit while she sorts it out, or use that and download firefox.

leckershell said:
god how thick am i shes not going to be able to download firefox as she cant get online.

see if she can pop into woolworths/hmv/electrical store and pick up one of those 30 day free trial internet discs and then either use that for a bit while she sorts it out, or use that and download firefox.

:rotfl:

I was going to suggest downloading firefox aswell, and wouldnt have realised she couldnt :rotfl:

So your not the only one :lol:

Tiscali are probably the worse there is, seriously, and they will never admit the problem is there end just keep fobbing you off.

Id change ISP's asap, as shell said you can pick up a trial disc of some random isp to use while you shop around for the best deal :)

I just asked my OH who is a techy...

1. Open the Internet Explorer, if it opens, type in C:/ into the address bar. If it works, then the Internet Explorer browser works perfectly fine. It doesn't need internet to be able to do that and if it can do that then it proves that the browser works.

So that's one thing you can do to prove the browser works.

If you want more info you've got my msn, just drop me a message and I'll pass you over to my OH and he'll give you a whole load of other suggestions to tell her!

:D

Aww Thanks Thats Great! :D I Will Pass All The Info On & Hopefully It Can Help. I Completely & Utterly Agree By The Way- Tiscali Are Absolutely Diabolical. Shes Trying To Switch Over To A Different ISP But Tiscali Are Making It Impossible At The Moment. She's Only Been With Them For 6 Days Lol I Did Warn Her! :lol:

leckershell said:

I don't know whether firefox is the same, but most things you download can be saved as well as opened, so someone else could download/save it and put it on a CD or memory stick for her to install. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back