• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Voice change - sounds hoarse?

badgergirl

Reaction score
This is going to sound strange, but while Sprog has been whinging today, I've noticed he sounds different. Hoarse, like he has a really sore throat. He's got no temperature, he's been giggling and playing, he has eaten well - in fact the only thing different is that he's actually slept in the day.

Can babies lose their voices?

If he's well in himself and that's the only symptom then I wouldn't worry just yet. I know you'll keep an eye on him so obviously if anything changes, like a temperature, then call nhs direct.

It could be a sore throat or possibly croup but don't quote me on that. Maybe he has actually lost his voice! I guess it's possible if he yells at you a lot! It may even just be that he's losing his new baby cry and developing his proper baby voice - your first experience of his voice breaking! Ha ha!

Seriously though, I just don't know but please don't worry too much, just keep an eye on him!

Mine has had this happen twice now. I actually posted the same thing the first time I noticed it. He has it again atm but is also a bit snuffly and has a cough. Feeding well and is happy also :)

I put it down to just being hoarse with a possible cold or something that wasn't really showing up. Unless your LO has a temp or is not his usual self I'd not worry overly. If he is sleeping then he'll be resting up and it'll help if he is a bit under the weather.

connor loses his voice if he's been crying too much....! it always comes back though :wall: :lol: :lol:

if there aren't any other symptoms, i'm sure sprog's fine :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone!

I booked a docs appointment for this morning as he was hot yesterday, he's been sick a few times (which he doesn't normally) and he's been gagging/choking a bit too. Naturally his voice has come back, but I wanted him checked over as we're going on an aeroplane this weekend for the first time, and I want the all-clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back