vitamins

Vicki & Nathan

Reaction score
hi, does anyone know if its still ok for me to carry on taking multi vitamins and cod liver oil? i stopped taking them when i found out but i havn't really got much of an appetite at the moment so im thinking its best to start them again but just wanted to check they are safe.
thanks

Hi

Vitamins, you could take the maternity Vitamins they give you tonsmore then the regular and its exactly what you need.
Umm as for the cod liver oil i know it aint good in third trimester to take it but not sure about right now for you will have to check.
Katrina

Hi

You should make sure your supplements don't contain Vitamin A. Apparently they are not good for developing babies.

m
x

i will go down to boots tomorrow and have a look, anyone recommend the best brand to go for the one which has everything i need?

There are tons of Prenatal vitamins on the market.

I take Pregnacare they're about £4.95 for 30 tablets but well worth it. Especially if you don't have a balanced diet.

Cx

pregnacare are good.

Another vitamin supplement that I'm taking which was given the ok by my doc is vitamin B, I've got the Boots own in the blue bottle.... helps with a LOT of things, to blood clotting and reducement of morning sickness.

If you get a pregnancy supplement then you can make sure you're getting enough folic acid as well :D

Be careful not to OD on iron though - if you are going to take a selection of vitamins..... it can give you chronic constipation

I have used pregnacare or sanatogen maternity... I know Asda do their own maternity one which is about half the price of pregnacare......

instead of taking cod liver oil you should try omega 3 oil ( sanatogen do a pregnancy vitamin and oil in 1 pack)

The liver of a fish has lots of toxins which you consume when you have the cod liver oil where as omega 3 fish oil is purer ( obtained from the skin and flesh of the fish) and does not contain as many toxins....that way you get the benefits of the oil without taking on any of the liver toxins....... ( there is no harm in taking cod liver oil but omega 3 from other sources always seems better to me)

Lyndsey

I have heard to avoid cod liver oil and any other fish oil due to the high levels of vitamin A - the same reason you can't eat liver. There are other suppliments where you can get your omegas available specifically for pregnanct women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back