Vitamin K

maybebaby

Reaction score
My midwife asked if I want my baby to have a vitamin K injection. Just wondering if there are any reasons not to have it?

the benefits of it are considerably higher than not giving it tbh, there arent any reasons to not have it done, most babies are vitamin k deficient when theyre born so it makes sense to give them a boost

Just been watching a telly programme on sky about that, and this doc said that there was supposed to have been a study that proved that the injection could be causing leuckemia. However,he then went on to say that the study has now been discredited, and further studies/research have found no link with the vitamin K and leuckemia.

Hope that helps. (sorry cant spell leuckemia.)
Jane XX

i hadnt even thought bout this vaguely remember MW askin this as i was bein prepped for theatre i just said ye...

madam had it and she seems fine :)

Daniel had it. They did offer me tablet form, but if he was sick they wouldn't give it to him again, so advised me to have the injection.

i had it, but it was strongly advised she had it. i also had to have vit k tablets from 34ish weeks onwards

this was similar to the mmr -bad research published re the childhood cancers and vit k injections- it has since been disproved. my midwife said to me that the injection is more effective route. the oral vit k could be vomited up thus you dont know if it has worked or not.

Also, the oral vit K has to be administered several times, so if you do the injection it's less faffing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back