Very sharp pain down below

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
I'm a bit anxious this morning.

I stood up from the toilet and felt an intense pressure/pain down below. I could barely walk for about a minute afterwards and was really clinging to my belly.

Everything seems to have gone back to normal now. Baby is still wriggling, no more pains and no waters breaking.

It was like everything was going to fall out of me.

What does this mean. Has anyone else had it?

I was going to go out today but I am too scared to move far from my bed now. :cry:

I would say maybe things are starting to happen for you - I really hope so for you!! You are very close now... I can't remember having that type of pain, then again I was induced so I wouldn't know the natural ways of labour...

Maybe give in a call just to be sure!

Wishing you all the best,

Luv Tineke

Thanks Tineke

I've actually got a midwife apointment in a couple of hours, so i can ask her.

I'm feeling very delicate today and too scared to go out. :roll:

How are you Sarah? What did midwife say?

Hiya,

I have been getting sharp stabbing type pains for a week or so now, I think it's just lack of muscle tone holding the baby up and its pressing down on my bits!! The midwife also said you can get these when the baby is engaging. Its worse on days where I have walked around a lot.

Hope you get it sorted or at least have your mind put at rest.

Much love

Well I got the usual response.

"Oh dear...thats normal I'm afraid" :shock: :shock:

It didn't feel bloody normal at the time when I was clutching my bump and thought I was going to pass out and could barely walk.

Oh well. It hasn't happened since and the baby is still moving around as normal.

I've actually now got a stitch in the right hand side of my bump. :roll: Oh the joys!

Hi Sarah,

I got intense pressure pain down there the day before i went into labour, and it does feel like you waters are going to go.

I also got it in the last few weeks but they were a little milder but still stopped me in my tracks. MW told me it is baby pushing down, which is what thins your cervix and softens it so you could be getting ready.

Have you had your show yet?

I haven't had a show as such but i am getting quite a lot of discharge.

Its like a very gentle trickle now and then and very difficult to tell whether its water or normal discharge.

Quite frustrating really because when I tell the Dh he says "what sort of discharge" and my response is usually "I don't bloody know!"

I'm sure things are starting to happen though. Just very slowly.

Hi Sarah

I'm getting excited for you now!!! I had that 7 hours before I had Zara - it was my first contraction (but preemies come out faster) so I'm sure things are happening for you now. :D

Good luck!
Louise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back